I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere, but after looking thru a couple of pages of posts, I don't see this "tentative start-up date". Could some one fill me in here?

Apologies, for missing this bit of info somehow.

I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere, but after looking thru a couple of pages of posts, I don't see this "tentative start-up date". Could some one fill me in here?

Apologies, for missing this bit of info somehow.
Here is the post I was referring to

Dream, Great Gulf and the Gehry project

Westdale is partners with Great Gulf and Dream Unlimited on a two-tower mixed-use project in downtown Toronto designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry and his team.

The 74-storey east tower and 84-storey west tower to be built on King Street West between the Royal Alexandra Theatre and Princess of Wales Theatre will have approximately 2,000 condo suites and 150,000 square feet of commercial space.

Two floors in the east tower will add space to OCAD University’s Sharp Centre for Design at 100 McCaul St., located a few blocks north of the Gehry project site.

Marketing and sales for the project will start next year, with construction likely to follow in 2023. No timeline has been announced for how long it will take to build the two towers.

This isn’t even that great, compared to the previous version, which was incredible.
The previous version had very nice materials, and the base w/ the canopy was just something else. Personally, this new design looks like a bunch of colourless glass cubes stacked on top of each other in a seemingly random fashion. It's an interesting concept, but I just don't see the beauty in it.
Colours other than grey - no. Elegant massing - no. Overall shape - looks like a 3 year old playing with LEGOs. Engaging pedestrian environment - no.

Seconded. These feel much more refined to me. I actually thought the missing of the original felt awkward with the twist at the top. This feels more natural yet still iconic.
For me, the first was iconic. The second isn't. As simple as that.

Will the second still be impressive, sure. But it's not going to be a household name – the first had that potential.

Back