These were early concepts for the podiums- I posted it to demonstrate the 180 they have have gone with it. You don't need to hire Gehry to build a curtain wall facade.
I got that. I'm just opining that was a bit too much in the opposite direction for my tastes, among others things.

I went to Toronto's skyscraperpage illustration page and found out they lowered the height on both towers. They are not supertalls anymore if counted in foot for the highest tower is not too. They lost the looks and the height Wow!

I went to Toronto's skyscraperpage illustration page and found out they lowered the height on both towers. They are not supertalls anymore if counted in foot for the highest tower is not too. They lost the looks and the height Wow!
Nope...

At a 1011 ft (308m) is still considered a supertall to my understanding.

I would love to see a more detailed photo/plan/render for the base. The very plain back of the building does not concern me but the street ground level does and here's hoping it is as interesting as the new "hats" on top of the buildings.

I do not mind this new tower treatment and I understand the cost considerations (which probably accounts for the new design). I too though also am hoping for quality detailing and materials (and we do not seem to know enough about those at this point).

Just bring this on already. ;)

Last edited:
I would love to see a more detailed photo/plan/render for the base. The very plain back of the building does not concern me but the street ground level does and hear's hoping it is as interesting as the new "hats" on top of the buildings.

I’d love to see proper computer generated renderings of this project in general, but I don’t think we’ve ever gotten them. It’s been frustrating trying to visualize how these might look like in real life with just the 3D models.

Yeah. I think Frank Gehry never does computer renders. Always 3D Models or sketches.

Yeah. I think Frank Gehry never does computer renders. Always 3D Models or sketches.
Presumably Great Gulf will be generating colour renderings when they market the buildings.

GG Salesperson: "No sir, the giant, chipped Muskoka metamorphosed granite on the roof of the model is not a penthouse... and not for sale".

Is the working title of this development now (Great Gulf) Duncan West?
Taken from the arch. plans:

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 6.30.35 PM.png

Back