I was just thinking about this project, and that it's been nearly ten years since it was first announced. In the event it were to actually be built, realistically, how many more years would it take to finally complete this project?

I was just thinking about this project, and that it's been nearly ten years since it was first announced. In the event it were to actually be built, realistically, how many more years would it take to finally complete this project?
I'd wager it will be done within the next decade. By 2031 this should be part of our skyline in some way, shape or form.

I was hoping you'd be the one posting pics of workers throwing up the respective hording when I opened this thread... >.<

What @Riseth doesn't mention is while it has in fact been 10 years since the initial proposal, the most recent one is actually first real and thought out proposal that isn't just a vision.

The project now actually has detailed drawings and info about size and dimensions and materials etc. It has a legitimate developer to back it, and it's been modified to meet some of the requests of the city.

This will for sure get built and if I had to put a number on groundbreaking I'd wager 2023

Last edited by a moderator:

This is going to the Committee of Adjustments for some minor adjustments to the development plan. The most recent docs are dated to July 21, 2021. Main points summarized below:

1629323430982.png

1629323446158.png

1629323462713.png

1629323485983.png

This is a huge investment, so not surprising adjustments sought right down to the end of approvals. Seems to indicate it is now a "viable" project.

God knows what it will look like in the sky. I hope they manage to get it right - what looked to me like a change from something earlier that was coherent to a stack of disparate buildings sort of glued together.

Back