Big announcement - in Fall 2016, 351 King Street East is going to be the new home of the Globe and Mail - to be called the Globe and Mail Centre

They will be occupying the top 5 floors

This will be towering over The Sun - if it holds on until then!

From the First Gulf homepage: http://www.firstgulf.com/

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 4.33.39 PM.jpg

Big announcement - in Fall 2016, 351 King Street East is going to be the new home of the Globe and Mail - to be called the Globe and Mail Centre

They will be occupying the top 5 floors

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 4.33.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 4.33.39 PM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 860
Good news, but i would have rather seen them move into that new Spadina/Front development...
Oh well, i guess the future office component there has been scraped for more condos

Great news re: the Globe & Mail as a tenant.

It looks like they removed the sun-shading devices from this building (fins/brises-soleil). If so, that seems like a step in the wrong direction from an environmental point of view. The overall concept of the tower is interesting to me though, I love the stacked look and the terraces that are formed.

Betty's was busy enough on Friday's as it is. Sheesh!

Seriously, this is great. It's nice to see a big employment centre downtown east. Hopefully the Front & Spadina lands don't just go residential, but have a solid retail & office component as well.

There's another tenant all lined up from what I've heard

Yes, and I couldn't see them having an issue with the building being named The Globe and Mail Centre. Why would they care about being lead tenants? They should really just care about leasing it out to others over naming rights for themselves.

The construction of this office building shows great faith in the future of downtown east.

Last edited:
Yea that's a good point re the 21 Don development ... maybe they'll move their headquarters there instead - it'll probably need more help.

Ah so this is the big secret tenant !! haha

I still bet there will be an office component at Spadina

Kind of disappointed by this... I thought the KPMB design for front and Spadina was really nice.... But the East side is really on fire now, so that's good too.

Front page story up here, while you'll find the new dataBase listing at the top of the page.

Back