Have they put up the archaeological feature wall in the lobby yet?
On the same topic .... what happened to the original Art Deco (?) metal front doors from the Globe building which were moved to the G&M Building on Front@Spadina? I assume they are or will be somewhere in this building.

It’s a fantastic building but I wish they made the lobby warmer. It’s a blank and sterile canyon. Needs some colour and artwork of some kind. Hope the building adds some soon.

Walked through this morning. Big, bright and quite empty. I felt like I was at Bessarion Station :)

Have they put up the archaeological feature wall in the lobby yet?

Nothing that I could see.

November 11, 2017:

Can anyone identify the building that is going up north-west of the G&M building with the red and white crane?
IMG_8698.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8698.jpg
    IMG_8698.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 572
It’s a fantastic building but I wish they made the lobby warmer. It’s a blank and sterile canyon. Needs some colour and artwork of some kind. Hope the building adds some soon.

Sure is.

IMG_7169.JPG
IMG_7170.JPG
IMG_7171.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7170.JPG
    IMG_7170.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_7169.JPG
    IMG_7169.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_7171.JPG
    IMG_7171.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 999
The trees and decorations help but it’s still bland and cold.

Still no sign of them putting in all the trees along King Street that were promised. And replacing the ones needlessly cut down last year, to rebuild the sidewalk in front of the old Toronto Sun building (like they couldn't have just tried to leave them in place, and see if they'd survive, before replacing them?)

The renderings on the First Gulf website still show the trees.

upload_2018-6-19_14-12-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-19_14-12-45.png
    upload_2018-6-19_14-12-45.png
    451.7 KB · Views: 905
Still no sign of them putting in all the trees along King Street that were promised. And replacing the ones needlessly cut down last year, to rebuild the sidewalk in front of the old Toronto Sun building (like they couldn't have just tried to leave them in place, and see if they'd survive, before replacing them?)

The renderings on the First Gulf website still show the trees.

I think they will NOT be putting in-ground trees back along King Street but there WAS talk of large tree planters. Time for a "letter to the editor'? They also need to fix the sidewalk and replace the temporary wooden pole @ the corner of Front and Berkeley.

I think they will NOT be putting in-ground trees back along King Street but there WAS talk of large tree planters. Time for a "letter to the editor'? They also need to fix the sidewalk and replace the temporary wooden pole @ the corner of Front and Berkeley.
Letter to the editor?

Time for some difficult phone calls to First Gulf, and if necessary an appeal (or at least a very pointed letter) to the OMB. I walk and stand along there in the sun, all the time. I'll be needing financial compensation for increased melanoma risk. :)

Back