Is there an up-to-date site plan for this project? I'm confused as to how many buildings are being proposed over the long-term - is it still three or has it be reduced?
It has been reduced to one new office builfding at east end of site - to start "soon" plus another on the No Frills parking lot to start in 10+ years.

Thanks for these, AoD. Diamond Schmitt has to be one of my favorite architect firms...which was confirmed for me after their amazing work at Bridgepoint Health.

Great project here. And one less parking lot. Downtown east is filling in!

Final report: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE24.13

Among s37 includes $500k to St. Lawrence Market North redevelopment and streetscape improvements on King St E.

I see item 5. b. iv. mentions "adequate sidewalk widths" which I've definitely noticed is a terrible problem along the Front St. side in front of the LCBO, Dollarama and CIBC. But that's the part that likely can't be widened, unless the city gives up a lane of Front St., which it never will. Walking along there is a terrible and one of the biggest failures of this redevelopment, in my opinion, though the King St. side is shaping up great.

Hoarding is up around the north side of the parking lot. Backhoe on site.
They are starting investigations for the Great Gulf office tower that will go on this parking lot and the one facing Front. See http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE24.13

MODS. It may be time to create a NEW PAGE for the office tower. Address of new tower appears to be 351 King E

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#:
13 148749 BLD 00 BA
Accepted Date:
Apr 11, 2013

Project:
Other Shoring

Description:
Proposal for stand alone shoring as per Manager. See related application 13 134203 STE

Good idea! (The thread for the rest of the King East Centre discussion is here.)

Last edited:
Not too much to see quite yet, from August 14th, 2013:

IMJY0Rm.jpg

PKj53pM.jpg

In behind the hoarding this morning

7TmQrpo.jpg

Big announcement - in Fall 2016, 351 King Street East is going to be the new home of the Globe and Mail - to be called the Globe and Mail Centre

They will be occupying the top 5 floors

Back