Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't, unfortunately. The general population has very little sway because at the end of the day, they aren't democratically voting on how buildings look. And they aren't listened to. So, Automation Gallery, I don't understand your point or logic. You think that people outside of UrbanToronto are really thrilled with glass boxism? I like them most of the time, but I know hundreds more that don't like them almost ever.

I also don't understand the defensiveness people have against any sort criticisms of the over-use of glass. I love glass... I love neo-modernism. Hell, I almost always love aA designs (proof in itself of being a glass neo-modernism)! Stop being so defensive.

I completely agree.

I wonder if they will again relocate the doors from their current building (originally from the old building) to this one, or if they will leave them for whomever develops their current spot..

I wonder if they will again relocate the doors from their current building (originally from the old building) to this one, or if they will leave them for whomever develops their current spot..

I sure hope so....it would also be nice if it was sold to Concert and incorporated into 88 scott ....as long as it doesn't turn out looking like a disrespectfully crappy homage to art deco architecture....you know, kinda like uptown.

I sure hope so....it would also be nice if it was sold to Concert and incorporated into 88 scott ....as long as it doesn't turn out looking like a disrespectfully crappy homage to art deco architecture....you know, kinda like uptown.

The question about the doors came up at the public meeting. KPMB said that the doors are beyond repair for re-use as front doors but they may incorporate somewhere in the project.

Pic taken Feb 3, 2012

ZWAZ5.jpg

This is one intersection that has been begging for change for decades. So glad things are finally happening. And the preliminary renders are quite promising.

From city planning today

6 SPADINA AVE
Site Plan Approval 12 127167 STE 20 SA Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Feb 24, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Site plan approval application for construction of new 19 storey office building - 3 levels below grade parking - 202 parking spaces. PLEASE NOTE ADDRESSES ASSOCIATED WITH FOLDER ARE 6-18 Spadina - 440 - 444 Front W and 425 Wellington. - GLOBE AND MAIL

A different rendering, perhaps KMPB is playing around with glass selection. The canopy at grade looks bigger in this view.

newgloberendering.png

Last edited:
Thanks SpadinaBus:

The ground level from this rendering looked like a hotel drop off area - probably speaks to just how awful this rendering is...besides the perspective is all screwed.

AoD

Last edited:
Looks like a frit for the windows - likely text from news articles - is proposed to be baked on the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back