I'm not certain what the last public timelines were for this project; but Mx iterated some at their latest Board Meeting, as covered by Steve Munro, in this post:

From the above:

1657893150968.png

Later the same day, the launcher has already moved:

Thank you so much for all of your pictures! The way the launcher works is finally clear to me now thanks to these. Before today I thought the whole thing shuttled pack and forth to pick up the segments, and was trying to grasp how they made that work.

Been reading this forum for quite a while and am a resident in a nearby building. One thing I can say is when I moved in last spring there was nothing and within a year they built all of this. They were working day and night. Now it seems like the construction pace has slowed down. I am not sure if they are just trying to stretch the job for it to be delayed (usual construction mafia behaviour) or what? All I know is they better hurry up and make sure this thing and at grade tracks are removed by 2023 as planned as the loud war like noise from the trains metal wheels hitting the metal track crossing is unbearable. Ridiculous that they even built condos here before this project was completed. I’m sure the residents living here before me have been suffering much longer.
You did know that diamond was there before you moved right? Nobody put a gun to you or any of your neighbors heads and said you HAVE to move there. Sorry not sorry you and your neighbors moved into a condo next to an active railway crossing at grade. Maybe next time some due diligence and research before moving into an area or just move out to different one. 🤷‍♂️

You did know that diamond was there before you moved right? Nobody put a gun to you or any of your neighbors heads and said you HAVE to move there. Sorry not sorry you and your neighbors moved into a condo next to an active railway crossing at grade. Maybe next time some due diligence and research before moving into an area or just move out to different one. 🤷‍♂️
Bit of an over the top response imo.. In a general sense, someone moving into the neighbourhood doesn't realllly get to spend that long looking at a place before making the decision to offer/lease a place.

Yea I'm sure most are aware that living close to a railway brings "railway noises" but how many people really know what the sounds of an at grade track crossing will be unless they happen to experience it when touring a place. The diamond is going to be a huge improvement for residents in the area, but that doesn't eliminate the "holy f is it done yet" feeling.

You’re funny, clearly you totally missed the subject of my post. Others have already replied in a productive manner so your reply is unnecessary. The point of my post was discussing the construction timeline not the obvious noise. To update since the post, I can admit that construction has been moving at a decent pace lately. As per the photos above from others there is a new guideway section every few days now if they can keep this pace up might actually make the beginning of 2023 timeline of being able to move the GO train operation onto the platform finally.

Bit of an over the top response imo.. In a general sense, someone moving into the neighbourhood doesn't realllly get to spend that long looking at a place before making the decision to offer/lease a place.

Yea I'm sure most are aware that living close to a railway brings "railway noises" but how many people really know what the sounds of an at grade track crossing will be unless they happen to experience it when touring a place. The diamond is going to be a huge improvement for residents in the area, but that doesn't eliminate the "holy f is it done yet" feeling.
Thank you, at least someone gets it.

Construction is certainly moving along now, but in the grand scheme of things this stuff takes a painfully long time to get moving. The first post in this thread, for example, was from April 15, 2009...
This is typical for all govt projects.... study it to death...reciprocal community meetings where the same dissenters moaan and complain.... project team bends over to the vocal minority.... lots of red tape from govt for the design team.... bid to contractors that value engineers.... unsurprising design changes and extras.....

Politicians do their photo ops at the end

Rinse and repeat

This is typical for all govt projects.... study it to death...reciprocal community meetings where the same dissenters moaan and complain.... project team bends over to the vocal minority.... lots of red tape from govt for the design team.... bid to contractors that value engineers.... unsurprising design changes and extras.....

Politicians do their photo ops at the end

Rinse and repeat
I don't know what you mean, the public was overwhelmingly positive here!
campbell-park-with-overpass.jpg

I don't know what you mean, the public was overwhelmingly positive here!

Heh - great minds think alike - I was actually pencilling in a trip to Campbell Park in a few days once the guideway was laid a little further along to take the "after" picture to compare to these renders. I have suspected that the result is closer to a than b.

If the result isn't as dystopian as the lower shot, it's mainly because the Junction residents were well organized, extremely vocal, and utterly persistent in challenging Metrolinx' natural tendencies. And frankly, they aren't out of the woods yet, because the post-project remediation will be conveniently forgotten unless they keep the pressure on.

Never downplay the desirability and importance of citizen activism. Something better has come out of all that noise, even if some of the demands were unrealistic or excessive.

- Paul

PS: In those shots I count 9 spans placed, which added to the 3 at the north end totals 12 out of 27. This thing is almost half complete.

While pace might not match the initial projection, this project has not had a setback or a situation where the field forces disappeared (or stood around) while the engineers put together a Plan B. Hope I'm not jinxing anything, but this one is coming together just fine.

- Paul

Back