Why are the Wallace columns only being formed now? Was something in the way which is only now relocated?

F53FD96C-064F-4847-928E-977C8F6F5E97.jpeg
BA848391-C43D-4652-A854-4ED8F3F6B18E.jpeg
D1A82127-089F-4653-9398-F34C68CA0AA7.jpeg

There are going to be some great views from the Dome car once the guide way is up and running. Too bad this route is only for leaving Toronto. Coming in would have been an amazing introduction for tourists taking the Canadian.
To be fair, it's not like Don Valley is that bad of an introduction either. Even with the DVP it's a very beautiful valley.

Yeah, I think as far as introductions to Toronto go, you can't beat the Don Valley. Easily the most picturesque part of the city.

I can think of far worse rail corridors to introduce tourists to Toronto (the Galt subdivision which the Milton GO line runs on, through Mississauga, is the bleakest rail line I have ever had the misfortune of clapping my eyes on).

Hey, can someone explain why VIA is taking this line? Once the tracks get to Barrie, they turn west and go to Angus... how are these trains getting to Sudbury by taking the Barrie line?

Hey, can someone explain why VIA is taking this line? Once the tracks get to Barrie, they turn west and go to Angus... how are these trains getting to Sudbury by taking the Barrie line?

"Trains returning to Vancouver would leave Union Station either from the East as it came in from (if turned around prior), or from the West. In the latter case, the train would then proceed North along the Newmarket Subdivision, shared by GO Transit's Barrie line. This subdivision is a portion of a former route for the transcontinental line; however, the train only continues as far as Snyder Diamond in Vaughan. There it would then proceed Eastbound along the York Subdivision towards Thornhill to meet up with the Bala Subdivision at Doncaster Diamond and from there continue Northwest leaving the Greater Toronto Area towards Washago and eventually Vancouver."

Back