Guest Star!

328524E7-084C-42A9-829A-992A76DCBEFC.jpeg

Also, I'm sorry, anyone who believed Metrolinx regarding the December 5th first train claims, you got absolutely rooked. It's the morning of November 30th and they haven't yet laid any track north of the bridge and south of Davenport. Nothing yet laid between the Weston Sub breakoff and the Wallace bridge either, though they have dropped off some ties south of Bloor.

Last edited:
Guest Star!

View attachment 442052

Also, I'm sorry, anyone who believed Metrolinx regarding the December 5th first train claims, you got absolutely rooked. It's the morning of November 30th and they haven't yet laid any track north of the bridge and south of Davenport. Nothing yet laid between the Weston Sub breakoff and the Wallace bridge either, though they have dropped off some ties south of Bloor.
I wonder if they'll send night shifts to make up the time. We've seen them push and make fast progress before

There is a Barrie line weekend work block scheduled for Dec 16-18. I don't know what work is being completed, but the work block is scheduled (for now anyway)

There is a Barrie line weekend work block scheduled for Dec 16-18. I don't know what work is being completed, but the work block is scheduled (for now anyway)
The Davenport Diamond bridge is getting tied into the mainline and trains will be testing on it. Source.

The Dec. 17 weekend will see an important milestone in the work towards two-way, all-day service on the Barrie Line through the Davenport Diamond project.

On that weekend, test GO trains are scheduled to run for the first time.

^ Looks like they are placing crossties northwards from the bridge in your picture.

Track laying doesn’t take long. The roadbed is all done. Those aren’t long segments to lay down and ballast.

- Paul

PS: Disgustingly nice shot. When you start posting over-and-under shots, some of us may be hard to live with.

^ Looks like they are placing crossties northwards from the bridge in your picture.

Track laying doesn’t take long. The roadbed is all done. Those aren’t long segments to lay down and ballast.

- Paul

PS: Disgustingly nice shot. When you start posting over-and-under shots, some of us may be hard to live with.
Agreed it doesn't take 'long', but the duration to lay and ballast the diversion track took far longer than 3 weeks, two years ago...

The ramp at the top right is not two track wide because of the existing track in place? And it will be completed after trains are using the overpass?

That’s correct. Once the existing track is removed, the ramp will be widened.

- Paul

Back