So will that big thing remaining be removed or will it form the skeleton of the new building?
It is undoubtedly going - as are the foundations. It will still be a while before we see anything new moving above ground.

Does anyone know if they will save that amazing canopy for either the new building or somewhere else…..I always thought it had such a Parisienne look about. Would be a shame not to have it part of our downtown.

Does anyone know if they will save that amazing canopy for either the new building or somewhere else…..I always thought it had such a Parisienne look about. Would be a shame not to have it part of our downtown.
If they had plans to save it, it would have been removed long ago.

Today.
38FC887D-EC8F-4CE4-BB44-ADC7AEB7B311.jpeg
4056EC62-856D-4081-9E31-2D9155D1DBA7.jpeg

I'm surprised that the flagpoles are still standing. The Grand Hotel's flag is tattered and about to rip off, but it's still there.

The canopy is off to the side. I wonder what will become of it.
Those flagpoles can be re-used elsewhere!
Good to see the canopy was saved.

can't quiet tell from the renders, but is this building going to completely block the art-work on the adjacent building from street view?

can't quiet tell from the renders, but is this building going to completely block the art-work on the adjacent building from street view?

From my understanding, the mural will be blocked from standard view along street level based on the current application.

I used to stand under that thing and greet guests. Then I brought a girl up to the hot tub on the roof and got fired.

Back