And the ugliness starts. What a god awful design this building is for this spot. The podium much better then previous but this tower... yuk. All balconies and not great looking materials. Fingers crossed it looks “ok”.

Today.
596A9F7C-55FE-4837-A9F5-6F86F5821B76.jpeg
DA30B42C-4A09-40F5-A20D-CA877E50145E.jpeg
E00B45C3-7033-443E-AEAB-E9183F22913B.jpeg
97FDDEE1-EEB0-4A85-8FC0-F51BACF611B3.jpeg

Might have asked this in another thread and not sure I got a response then or where I’d asked it exactly before, but what I’m getting at is...
The last photo above my post dead centre building with white wrapping all over it... what is that. Recladding something? Building something? I see it from so many angles in the skyline shots...but not a clue what it is. And I feel like I asked this some time ago and it still. Looks like mid construction is going on still? I hope? Sorry, I just looked in google maps it would seem I’m answering my own question I think, but it’s the mowart block for the new tower on university??

Might have asked this in another thread and not sure I got a response then or where I’d asked it exactly before, but what I’m getting at is...
The last photo above my post dead centre building with white wrapping all over it... what is that. Recladding something? Building something? I see it from so many angles in the skyline shots...but not a clue what it is. And I feel like I asked this some time ago and it still. Looks like mid construction is going on still? I hope? Sorry, I just looked in google maps it would seem I’m answering my own question I think, but it’s the mowart block for the new tower on university??
Macdonald Block Reconstruction Project, Mowat and Ferguson Towers.

Toronto is losing it's identity to cheep condos

Thank you for your insightful and informative comment. It was so enlightening to read. But perhaps you could provide some clarification? Did you really mean Toronto is losing its identity to the sound of singing birds (cheep condos), or did intend to comment on their relative pricing - cheap condos?

Also, the possessive form of the word it is spelled without the apostrophe - its identity. When spelled as it's the meaning is different. From Googling its versus it's: It's is a contraction of “it is” or “it has.” Its is a possessive determiner we use to say that something belongs to or refers to something. ... But the rules are very clear—it's is the same type of contraction as “where's” or “there's,” and its is a possessive just like “my” or “your.”

Toronto is losing it's identity to cheep condos
There are myriad reasons for this identity theft, but I'm happy to report that sometime in the past few years the city's driver's license, health card and credit card (albeit near its limit) have been recovered.

Perhaps when you've had some sleep, you will find some answers here that reinforce the notion that city is in fact busy trying to revitalise and enhance its past identity.

It's a very long storey... but a good read if you make the time.

There is no issue with cheap condos, that's likely ideal for everyone in a housing crunch. It's whether they look cheap or not has always been an issue, least here...

Back