Pic taken May 25, 2018

Hoarding removed.

f7wzj56.jpg

I’d say, so far, it’s one of the few things about the building I don’t love.
Yea, I was trying to be nice. I don't like it. I don't think the front desk needed brick. Funny enough the renders never had it clad in brick.

Would have been nice if the units took some cues from the general theme of the building, but it's typical modern lamb interior. I guess that's what people like.

Yea, I was trying to be nice. I don't like it. I don't think the front desk needed brick. Funny enough the renders never had it clad in brick.

Would have been nice if the units took some cues from the general theme of the building, but it's typical modern lamb interior. I guess that's what people like.

You’re right. The renders didn’t have brick on the front desk. It’s a little thing but it makes it too much. Also I think the brick on the back wall to the left of the elevators makes is too much, especially with the ugly door as the first thing you see. Also not keen on where they positioned the mailboxes. I would thought they’d be tucked away by the elevators.

You’re right. The renders didn’t have brick on the front desk. It’s a little thing but it makes it too much. Also I think the brick on the back wall to the left of the elevators makes is too much, especially with the ugly door as the first thing you see. Also not keen on where they positioned the mailboxes. I would thought they’d be tucked away by the elevators.

Yea, I'm guessing there just wasn't enough room to have a separate area for the mailboxes. Seems Lmb's not big on large, spacious lobbies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The interior is indeed different, but not in a good way. There is way too much brick. It actually reminds me of my old high school which was built in the 60's which much of the interior was done in the same brick as the outside, though it was a drab brown brick. At least the walls will be durable and not susceptible to wear and tear -- Lamb is known for doing a good job in selecting durable materials for much of the common areas. I remember a few of Lamb's buildings where they clad the elevator lobbies with Corian as they are highly prone to damage. This is the kind of thoughtful details you don't see in most other condos.
The crown moulding should be throughout to give it a more polished look, and the concierge desk should be treated a little differently, like using steel or iron to keep with the historic warehouse vibe. The white quartz counters too stark, black marble be more fitting. Having the mail room right in the middle of the lobby is a bit weird. The marketing renderings show a grey base for the desk with a white marble top. There is a lounge section off to the side next to the entrance, but that hasn't been completed yet.

I'm curious to see the design of the hallways.

Lamb is the type to redo something if it doesn't look right so here's hoping he will make the right adjustments. I guess some art and furnishings will help mute the boldness of the brick. It's a nice touch, there's just too much of it. And like neuhaus said, it reminds me of my high school.

Hope he fixed it because otherwise, I think the building is a gem. I think it's a pretty easy fix anyway. Just return the desk to the way it was in the original renderings. And lose some of the brick on the back wall.

Back