OTOH, it's at the road down to the beach. I was just at Bluffer's Beach on Sunday, and it was great.

Near the parking lot it is moderately busy, but as you go left (east) (or forward off into the distance in the above picture) it becomes progressively emptier, while maintaining the fine sandy beach feel. The main problem though is parking. It gets super busy on the weekend and you may have to park 1 km away at another parking lot. If you're there before 10 am it should be fine though. It's a blue flag beach by the way.

However, it will get busier I'm sure once Haven On The Bluffs gets built, and even busier if they build another development near Brimley. But right now it's excellent.

Ummmm, no need to advertise that park. I was actually amazed last weekend it was that 'slow'. On sunny long weekends the police usually close off the road down there because of no parking and turn away the cars. Some people even park on the side streets like barkdene and thatcher up top, and then walk down.

Visit in winter, nobody around then, except us dog walkers.....

winter.jpg

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    winter.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,513
I was just coming to post that. Yeah, demolition has begun. (Sales were over 70% as of several weeks ago I believe.) The projected completion date is 2016.

Also, the sales guy said they've added townhouses, but I didn't inquire further so I don't know what that means exactly. Furthermore, I don't see townhouse plans on their site.

http://www.thebluffs.ca/index.php/prices-plans

Anyone have details on the townhouses?

Good to hear about the possible new site plan. That is perfect for that strip. It's devoid of life right now.

The town house plans are only available at the sales centre. All they have are some architectural drawings. My feeling is that they don't want to release anything until they firm up the design. I believe they are 2 story town houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm, no need to advertise that park. I was actually amazed last weekend it was that 'slow'. On sunny long weekends the police usually close off the road down there because of no parking and turn away the cars. Some people even park on the side streets like barkdene and thatcher up top, and then walk down.

Visit in winter, nobody around then, except us dog walkers.....
Well, I find that most downtowners for example haven't even heard of Bluffer's Beach.

I know that when I lived downtown, "Going to the beach" usually meant "Going to The Beaches", or possibly Cherry Beach. (I'm not counting the clothing optional Hanlan's Point.)

Well, I find that most downtowners for example haven't even heard of Bluffer's Beach.

I know that when I lived downtown, "Going to the beach" usually meant "Going to The Beaches", or possibly Cherry Beach. (I'm not counting the clothing optional Hanlan's Point.)

Sorry, might have come off the wrong way. Totally agree with the park being fantastic. It's totally unique for TO beaches, with the bluffs behind the beach. But I'd consider that beach (like all the rest) maxed out most of the time. So the condos are just adding more to a full bucket.

Also, with it's single road connection to the park (and no transit - or sidewalks), being turned away in a car can really mess up your plans.

Sorry, might have come off the wrong way. Totally agree with the park being fantastic. It's totally unique for TO beaches, with the bluffs behind the beach. But I'd consider that beach (like all the rest) maxed out most of the time. So the condos are just adding more to a full bucket.

Also, with it's single road connection to the park (and no transit - or sidewalks), being turned away in a car can really mess up your plans.
Well, yes and no.

In the summer the beaches at The Beaches are seriously busy. It definitely has a crowded feel in most areas. Also, the surrounding neighbourhoods are extremely crowded by cars as well. It's so busy that friends that lived there would go home early on Friday for a street parking spot and then wouldn't move the car until Monday.

It's a bit different at Bluffer's Beach even with the parking lots full and the road blocked off, since the beach there isn't actually that full. Still lots of open space. The main problem with Bluffer's Beach is parking spots IMO, not beach real estate. The lack of adjacent parking spots serves to somewhat limit the number of people at the beach.

Anyhoo, back on topic... It'd be nice if the developers would update the website with the new design, and the new townhomes. Also, I'm curious as to why they made these changes. Townhouses are usually nice to have, esp. in an area such as this, but why didn't they have them in the first place. And why the change in the exterior design?

Last edited:
It's a bit different at Bluffer's Beach even with the parking lots full and the road blocked off, since the beach there isn't actually that full. Still lots of open space. The main problem with Bluffer's Beach is parking spots IMO, not beach real estate. The lack of adjacent parking spots serves to somewhat limit the number of people at the beach.

The main problem with Bluffer's Beach are the illiterate people who keep littering the place and those who don't pick up their own trash after their barbecue/picnic.

/rant

It would be nice if the Brimley bus went to Bluffer's Beach. I don't know why it doesn't.

Also, I'm curious as to why they made these changes. Townhouses are usually nice to have, esp. in an area such as this, but why didn't they have them in the first place. And why the change in the exterior design?

When I went in to the sales office back in May to get an update in person, the sales guys said the changes were done at the behest of the City Planning Dept.

When I went in to the sales office back in May to get an update in person, the sales guys said the changes were done at the behest of the City Planning Dept.

Also if you think about it part of the appeal if to face the lake. These units face the lake, but you are really not high enough to see it. Units are way less marketable at the base of the building.

New Renderings!

!!!!!!! Just released !!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 8.57.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 8.57.12 AM.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 1,373

Back