innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
This is an under construction 2-hotel development on Upper James St in suburban Hamilton. Will apparently be a 100 room, 6 storey "HIEX International" hotel and a 45-room, 5 storey "Staybridge Suites". Vranich notably already owns and operates a Staybridge Suites in Downtown Hamilton.

Construction started here in late 2019 prior to the pandemic, before getting put on hold. Work has recently restarted however. The site is unique in it's narrow width and in that it will accommodate underground parking for what is really a suburban roadside hotel.

Unfortunately I cannot find any renderings. Streetview of the site in August 2022:

1276 upper james.png

The further Vranich stays from the core of Hamilton the better. It's much better his stuff hides out in Hamilton Mountain.

Construction of Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites in Hamilton Mountain - Very slow and limited construction (Google maps streetview from this month) but I have to see this site a lot when I drive by or bike and not getting my own photos but I will take this shot soon. They do have a Skybridge Suite Hotel in Downtown Hamilton.

169E5898-0D35-4838-9365-A174095EB898.jpeg

I check by this site yesterday and construction equipment and portable toilets removed and gone, just a construction office trailer remains on site.

It will switch to On-Hold for now until the city approves permits for a tower crane and a one single lane closure on Upper James to make way for cement trucks.

When I drive by the site yesterday I saw a construction half-storage container, a forklift and portable toilet is back. Construction office trailer still remains.

Still no progress

Construction resumed at Holiday Inn and Staybridge hotels on Upper James with a new contractors, at least 8 workers on site, and planning for a concrete pouring will be soon as next week. unfortunately no photos

Thanks for the pictures. Both the site and the construction to date do not look big enough to accommodate a Holiday Inn Express to me. In which direction will the front of the building be oriented?

Progress on Hamilton’s latest neo-khrushchevka as of this afternoon:

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures. Both the site and the construction to date do not look big enough to accommodate a Holiday Inn Express to me. In which direction will the front of the building be oriented?
I can’t say conclusively as I don’t have the site plan for this one, but it’s essentially right up to property line on the south side, and has limited frontage on Upper James, so likely to the north of the building.

Rendering for Holiday Inn Express from Vrancor Group website and couldn’t find the Staybridge Suites rendering. On the Vrancor website Units for the Holiday Inn Express increased from 100 to 105 units.
IMG_1648.jpeg

I will grab a pic tonight or tomorrow and just passed last night and the Holiday Inn Express building has been topped off at 6-Storeys.

Back