A couple shots from yesterday

58E28271-7991-4FCD-AEE9-748EDF74F7D4.jpeg
7C2208DD-718C-434E-AB19-40EE2F77DC35.jpeg

I received an email from Great Gulf last Friday as below

There are still a few amazing suites available at Home on Power! Now’s your opportunity to be part of a vibrant neighbourhood full of authentic community charm, amazing hidden gems, and lush places to play, including the public park on Power Street that will begin to be constructed next year.

What is development related to public park on Power St.?

Last edited:
I received an email from Great Gulf last Friday as below

There are still a few amazing suites available at Home on Power! Now’s your opportunity to be part of a vibrant neighbourhood full of authentic community charm, amazing hidden gems, and lush places to play, including the public park on Power Street that will begin to be constructed next year.

What is development related to public park on Power St.?
I was also wondering about the reference to a park on Power. Does anyone have information about this? Is it the dog park, and will it now be part of Home Condos amenities, and therefore the responsibility of condo owners to maintain?

I was also wondering about the reference to a park on Power. Does anyone have information about this? Is it the dog park, and will it now be part of Home Condos amenities, and therefore the responsibility of condo owners to maintain?
Not the dog park as that is on City land. If it's a POPS attached to the building it would be a condo responsibility, if it's a stand-alone park on dedicated City land it would be a City responsibility.

According to their leasing brochure (which can be notoriously out of date); they have yet to lease most of the retail spaces.

They're marketing the 28,000ft2 on the 2nd floor as office space now; though they had wanted a supermarket.
I know they’d talked about grocery before, but the 2nd floor? I thought they made 1st floor ceilings taller to accommodate, suppose that’s moot now.

I know they’d talked about grocery before, but the 2nd floor? I thought they made 1st floor ceilings taller to accommodate, suppose that’s moot now.

The City, and to a certain degree many large-format retailers prefer second-floor space.

For one thing, it's cheaper per ft2 than ground.

But the City is also rightly concerned with granularity; there's also a desire, if possible, not to have shelving, but especially fridges/freezers backing onto windows; this is generally less of an issue, off-grade.

That said, the reason off-grade is typically cheaper is that it tends to have less profile and can draw a bit less than grade.

All of which is to say, I'm sure they'd gladly take a grade-level grocer; but yes, they were really targeting the second floor (with grade-level entrance).

The City, and to a certain degree many large-format retailers prefer second-floor space.

For one thing, it's cheaper per ft2 than ground.

But the City is also rightly concerned with granularity; there's also a desire, if possible, not to have shelving, but especially fridges/freezers backing onto windows; this is generally less of an issue, off-grade.

That said, the reason off-grade is typically cheaper is that it tends to have less profile and can draw a bit less than grade.

All of which is to say, I'm sure they'd gladly take a grade-level grocer; but yes, they were really targeting the second floor (with grade-level entrance).
Along with the granularity the City would prefer at ground level, there's also a lot of "program" that a building has to accomplish at grade that isn't required on second levels, like a lobby or lobbies (depending upon how many uses there are in the building), potential other amenities such as mailrooms, trash/moving/deliveries services areas for trucks, entrances to garages, etc. Second floors can have much more space devoted to one or a couple larger retailers and only need escalator/elevator access to it from ground level.

Back