I wish this development included a pedestrian connection over the Barrie line from Sterling to either Dora or Dublin. I am fully aware of the barriers to doing so; this is purely a selfish fantasy, as it would mean I could walk to Ethica or Henderson in under five minutes instead of 15-20.

There is this. Whether they follow through is a different issue:

Vol 3 - APPX A - Bloor-Lansdowne GO Station - Preferred Design.jpg

I wish this development included a pedestrian connection over the Barrie line from Sterling to either Dora or Dublin. I am fully aware of the barriers to doing so; this is purely a selfish fantasy, as it would mean I could walk to Ethica or Henderson in under five minutes instead of 15-20.

I remember Castlepoint was looking into doing this years ago, but I don't think that ever got anywhere. I think they were even hoping for at-grade (good luck....).

But as @ProjectEnd pointed out...access through the if-it-ever-happens station will be nice. I've used the Bloor GO/UP station for similar purposes many times.

There is this. Whether they follow through is a different issue:

View attachment 314321
This reminds me, I noticed that the connections from the GO station through to Dora and Sterling are now confirmed as having being secured by Ana Bailao after some wrangling with Metrolinx:

Very interesting, I'd missed that, thanks @smably. I'm particularly curious about the connections to the north since if we can get a trackside or small path connection to Wade Avenue, we wouldn't need to have folks navigating the dangerous Bloor / Lansdowne intersection. There does appear to be adequate space for a pathway beside the MSE south of Wallace:

1632761222351.png

@Reecemartin needs to update his video!

Very interesting, I'd missed that, thanks @smably. I'm particularly curious about the connections to the north since if we can get a trackside or small path connection to Wade Avenue, we wouldn't need to have folks navigating the dangerous Bloor / Lansdowne intersection. There does appear to be adequate space for a pathway beside the MSE south of Wallace:

View attachment 351694

@Reecemartin needs to update his video!
I believe the plan is for a trackside connection, though I haven't seen any specifics. The city's SmartTrack page says there'll be "a multi-use path from the Davenport Diamond Greenway north of Bloor Street to Dundas".

House of Assembly celebrated their ceremonial ground breaking today:

Screenshot_20211126-132128_Instagram.jpg

With its unfortunate Orwellian branding, I got a bad feeling with the developer and architects involved we're going to the opposite of assembly. >.<

Back