UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Big fan of housing crises, eh?
No more than say while I'm critical of the Sally Ann, doesn't mean I'm pro-poverty. Or that I have issues with PETA, doesn't I'm all for cruelty to animals. So unless this person said specifically, "I'm for housing crises, go me!" it is unlikely the reason why this person is supportive of Council's decision here, for right or wrong.

I think there is also danger of conflating housing issues with aesthetics. As from my position, they are two separate issues. And have always been so.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
No more than say while I'm critical of the Sally Ann, doesn't mean I'm pro-poverty. Or that I have issues with PETA, doesn't I'm all for cruelty to animals. So unless this person said specifically, "I'm for housing crises, go me!" it is unlikely the reason why this person is supportive of Council's decision here, for right or wrong.

I think there is also danger of conflating housing issues with aesthetics. As from my position, they are two separate issues. And have always been so.

Just to note here, Council has not taken any decision as yet.

This is merely a preliminary report.

Though the tone of said report does lead one to think this may be heading to the OLT, but that conclusion is as yet premature.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just to note here, Council has not taken any decision as yet.

This is merely a preliminary report.

Though the tone of said report does lead one to think this may be heading to the OLT, but that conclusion is as yet premature.
Fair enough! And thank you for clarifying that. /bows

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
SPA filed:

1651300772706.png

Bjays92

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd argue I'm one of the biggest proponents of heritage preservation, something Toronto has dearly little of.

I don't want all the houses to see the wrecking ball here, but there are thousands of similar streets, in gorgeous neighbourhoods, with large old trees and victorian era housing scattered throughout Toronto's suburbs. With that in mind, I don't feel it particularly pertinent to save a portion of a street that has one small nice stretch, when it is literally in the heart of downtown of the third largest city in North America.

Last edited: