The fact that Brampton is considering 14 options is a joke in and of itself.
they are considering two options...McLaughlin and Kennedy.....within those there are alternatives to be considered.

Unlikely any of these get built....the two options that will remain are end it at Steeles or take it straight up Main.

Transportation planners in this region really like taking the "rapid" out of rapid transit, don't they? Some of those route options, dear god. This is not a feeder bus line and should not be designed as such.
that is exactly how some of us felt when it was taken off Hurontario and routed around SQ1......I would imagine the success of the people in Mississauga added some fuel to the folks who thought taking it off Main in Brampton should be considered.

Bad decisions have ramifications....a lesson we in the entire GTA don't learn very well.

they are considering two options...McLaughlin and Kennedy.....within those there are alternatives to be considered.

Unlikely any of these get built....the two options that will remain are end it at Steeles or take it straight up Main.

11 different alternatives were previously considered, and some of the current ones being looked were reviewed as part of that process.

2Kdf5h0

Is there a design shown for the LRT south of the QEW? I work on Hurontario and see the road quite busy now. I imagine a dual track ROW up the middle will cause a lot of congestion when cars are forced on one lane.

^ there'll be 2+2 lanes south of the QEW as well, that's why Metrolinx is acquiring land along that part of the corridor so as to expand the road. Only thing that will be different from the rest of the corridor is the lack of a bike lane, instead there'll only be a multi-use trail on one side and a sidewalk on the other

I thought it was common use road/rail lanes south of the QEW and the road was only widened near the stops to accommodate the platforms.

I thought it was common use road/rail lanes south of the QEW and the road was only widened near the stops to accommodate the platforms.
Nope. Here's the stop at Mineola for example. You can look at more of the preliminary drawings here
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.59.57 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.59.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.59.57 AM.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 808
the lack of a bike lane, instead there'll only be a multi-use trail on one side and a sidewalk on the other
That'll will be noticed by the community. The current bi-directional bike path on the east side on Hurontario is popular with cyclists, especially with schools nearby, and I like (and use daily) the different red coloured pavers indicating where the pedestrians should walk.

But aren't you describing what's already there?

Nope. Here's the stop at Mineola for example. You can look at more of the preliminary drawings here
View attachment 148093
Thanks for this. The detailed plans in the link make it very clear what will happen. My workplace will be directly affected. Do you know if they are starting construction from the south or the north? This is going to be painful.

Thanks for this. The detailed plans in the link make it very clear what will happen. My workplace will be directly affected. Do you know if they are starting construction from the south or the north? This is going to be painful.
No idea, it'll be up to the chosen consortium

Back