Major gas line work is about to get underway for the follow areas for about 6 months or so. More to come

Courtneypark Drive
What work is taking place?
To accommodate the construction of the Hurontario LRT, Enbridge Gas Distribution (Enbridge) is
required to move a gas line at the intersection of Hurontario Street and Courtneypark Drive
These pipelines are integral to Enbridge’s gas system and must be re-routed to ensure the safe and
reliable delivery of natural gas
Timing

Work will start as early as mid -July and will last for approximately 3weeks.

Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise caused by trucks, excavators,
backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.

Traffic Details

During construction hours, lane reductions will be required on Hurontario Street
at the intersection of Hurontario Street and Courtneypark Drive.
At a minimum, one north and southbound lane will be maintained at all times

Traffic delays are expected, please plan accordingly.

There will be no impact to property access.

Topflight Drive and Edwards Boulevard
To accommodate the construction of the Hurontario LRT, Enbridge Gas Distribution (Enbridge) is
required to move a gas line at the intersection of Topflight Drive and Edwards Boulevard, and install a new gas line on
Topflight Drive from Hurontario Street to Edwards Boulevard
These pipelines are integral to Enbridge’s gas system and must be re-routed to ensure the safe and
reliable delivery of natural gas
Timing

Work will start early July and will last for approximately 5 weeks.

Rathburn Road West from Station Gate Road to east of City Centre Drive
To accommodate construction of the Hurontario LRT, Alectra Utilities Corporation
is required to install new infrastructure along Rathburn Road West from
Station Gate Road to the east side of City Centre Drive
This infrastructure is the main artery servicing the businesses along Rathburn Road West and must be
re-routed to ensure reliable service to customers
Timing

Work will start as early as July 9th and will last for approximately 6 months.

Construction work may take place up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week between mid -July and late -August to accommodate construction around
the MiWay terminal.

Additional notice to follow.

Upon completion of construction around the MiWay terminal, crews will
operate between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Friday and some activity taking place on weekends and week nights

^ That read more like a press release than a forummer post.
A certain member here seems to think they're privy to this sort of stuff or doing us all a favour and the irony is that that wasn't even a complete list of all the work that started yesterday.

The original content can be found here under construction updates:
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/hurontario-lrt.aspx

With that all said yesterday's startup was quite impactful on transit services along the Hurontario corridor and as one can assume, MiWay did little to mitigate impacts.

A certain member here seems to think they're privy to this sort of stuff or doing us all a favour and the irony is that that wasn't even a complete list of all the work that started yesterday.

The original content can be found here under construction updates:
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/hurontario-lrt.aspx

With that all said yesterday's startup was quite impactful on transit services along the Hurontario corridor and as one can assume, MiWay did little to mitigate impacts.
What make you think that??

The info I posted is only the info I received to date. If there is other, haven't seen it. Haven't look at the site in weeks or the past month.

Please keep use inform of changes.

For the record, I do get info that doesn't go to the public or the website.

What make you think that??

The info I posted is only the info I received to date. If there is other, haven't seen it. Haven't look at the site in weeks or the past month.

Please keep use inform of changes.

For the record, I do get info that doesn't go to the public or the website.
Consider what you're saying here, you claim you have information that isn't public and doesn't go on the website, but also that you haven't checked the website in some time. Let's keep in mind that what you posted is information about construction work, an activity that is generally disruptive to the public and as a result is usually public information.

Had you visited the website you'd notice a page tab named "Construction Notices & Project Updates" which, not surprisingly, contains construction notices in the form of PDFs. Looking at one of those documents and one can see that it's the exact same information that you posted about.
Screenshot_20180705-055822_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180705-055822_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20180705-055822_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 426
I like drum's posts. I'm always curious about the status and progress of the various lines, but not to the extent that I would spend my day clicking through individual project sites or signing up to their e-mail blasts and twitter feeds. I appreciate that I can come here daily and get a rather decent digest, a lot of which comes from @drum118. I don't see the occasional post that's copied and pasted from an official source as any sort of big deal. Those posts are obvious from their start and easily skipped if you don't like them. He puts enough time into keeping us up to date as it is, we can't expect him to paraphrase. Thanks Dave!

I like drum's posts. I'm always curious about the status and progress of the various lines, but not to the extent that I would spend my day clicking through individual project sites or signing up to their e-mail blasts and twitter feeds. I appreciate that I can come here daily and get a rather decent digest, a lot of which comes from @drum118. I don't see the occasional post that's copied and pasted from an official source as any sort of big deal. Those posts are obvious from their start and easily skipped if you don't like them. He puts enough time into keeping us up to date as it is, we can't expect him to paraphrase. Thanks Dave!
I agree that these type of posts are very informative and convenient, but there should be a clear indication of where the information came from and that it is a direct quote. If it’s an email or directly sent PDF, that should be stated. If it’s from a website, that should be linked. And the text should be in a quote instead of directly in the post. It’s unfortunate that this forum doesn’t have better embedded features.

Last edited:
Have Fun
Starting July 9th, Alectra Utilities will be installing new infrastructure along Rathburn Road West, between Station Gate Road and City Centre Drive. During this time there will be a short term closure of the MiWay City Centre Transit Terminal. Buses will be relocated onto Rathburn Road on July 16th until the station reopens on August 8th. For more details visit miway.ca/cctt for details.

^It is a bit abstract to read too much into these things, but in the absence of any kind of statement worth salt. one can only look for clues. And that's a good one, and as @Allandale25 states, tweeted by a PC.

So if things do go south, at least one PC will have some explaining to do...please join the end of the double line on the Conservative side.

Back