Ridding the Hurontario LRT can be anywhere between 2022-2024 and it will be set by the winning contractor, not Metrolinx. Metrolinx will change the current time frame once the contract is awarded, since they have no date in the contract for both Mississauga and Hamilton.

The tender is to close early 2019, with hope that construction will start mid year or fall.

A new LRT bridge is to be built over the 403, west of the current bridge.

Artwork for the stations will be done by local artist in the area though a bid contest.

As it stands today, 75% of utility work is completed, with Bell being 100% and Sun Consumer zero.

There is a debate what Brampton Station name will be. It will be either Sir Lou or County-Court. Any changes to the station name will be made if it becomes County-Court.

Due to the concerns related to the area and business for Dundas, an liaison personal will be on duty work hours next year. There concern how traffic will be effected when tracks are being built across Dundas. Like TTC projects, traffic will be reduce to a single lane with or without left hand turning. No left hand turning seems to be the prefer option by the city.

The Hurontario Line for hiring local personal and companies as well social service, will be done like its been done on the Crosstown line.

All property owners must remove all their items off city property by year end, with both the city and Metrolinx working with them to do so.

Expropriation is still on going for land needed for the line.

Metrolinx is following the testing of Alstom Ottawa cars, especially for winter testing ,since they will be use on the Hurontario Line.

New videos coming, along with flyover of stations. They may show new development taking place as well plan.

Note Up Date:

I should note the contractor is to hold 2 trade shows a year for business and trades.

Last edited:
Video for Mississauga:

Good but misses mentioning the impact GO RER will have, and potential projects not on the books like

mississauga_moves_2014-222.jpg

Although maybe that wasnt the point of the project.

Good but misses mentioning the impact GO RER will have, and potential projects not on the books like

mississauga_moves_2014-222.jpg

Although maybe that wasnt the point of the project.
That map shows north of Derry as a “possible extension of Hurontario”.......we know that it is going north of Derry in the initial project (good thing too as there would be no way to get vehicles to/from the MSF otherwise ;) )

That map shows north of Derry as a “possible extension of Hurontario”.......we know that it is going north of Derry in the initial project (good thing too as there would be no way to get vehicles to/from the MSF otherwise ;) )

I also thought there was a station between Queensway and Port Credit, at Mineola?

I also thought there was a station between Queensway and Port Credit, at Mineola?
Yes there is one there and thats where it moves to the west side to get to PC.

A connection between Meadowvale and Pearson along Derry would make sense. They're two large employment areas.

wouldnt justify lrt or even brt in a while. best option is frequent local bus service, express service isnt even all that nessecary given how far apart the intersections and stops on derry are anyway.

I suppose they can get rid of it anytime. But I’m hoping it actually happens, as it would make a great alternative for me to get to work on Hurontario south of the QEW.
Ford can kill it any time he wants to, regardless how money has been spent on it.

I will have no problem with the LRT if and when its up and running south of Sq One, other than the extra walking time to a new stop for me. Going north of Sq One will be a bitch, as I will have to transfer from one route to another on Burnhamthorpe, unless I time it right to catch an 19 bus that will stay on Hurontario, as well as run every 10-20 minutes to service the current stops. I think it will be far better for me to use the bus going north of Sq One than using the LRT.

i hope they come to their senses and realize that a route from pc to gateway is desperately needed on the lrt, even if the service is limited

i hope they come to their senses and realize that a route from pc to gateway is desperately needed on the lrt, even if the service is limited
I can't agree with the last part.

One thing we should have learned from the LSW/LSE and, for example, Zum success stories is that frequency is a huge factor in the usefulness and use levels of any service. If people know that there are frequent vehicles, they will use a service.....the fear of the long wait is a big factor in preventing people from adopting a service.

Yes, a direct route without a change of vehicle is needed (heck that is what was promised at the onset of this project) but if it is going to be infrequent or a poor service level....don't bother, it will just be a waste of money.

Back