Fairview is the name of the neighbourhood (https://www.insauga.com/did-you-know-mississauga-has-22-neighbourhoods) as well as the road to the south of Central Parkway. If they do move the station south it would be very close to the Cooksville stop.

The rationale behind the name it would seem is avoiding a duplication of names with the existing Central Pkwy Stn on the Transitway Line. Of course, "Fairview" may also prove contentious in the future should ever the "Don Mills" station at Sheppard be renamed as not to confuse riders with the planned DRL station at the true "Don Mills" centre at Lawrence.

The block between Central Pkwy and Elm is where the true density lies in that area and is where the stop should be situated.

From: https://www.infrastructureontario.ca/Hurontario-Light-Rail-Transit/

Update render of Cooksville GO (without the pedestrian bridge):

County Court (slightly different perspective from a previous rendering, reflects name change):

Don't think this one has been posted before, Britannia:
From: https://tannerjohnsonportfolio.com/portfolio/hurontario-lrt/
(also with two other perspectives of the OMSF)

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest fan of the current alignment because I don't think it's going to save people wanting to avoid the City Centre any time. By the time the LRT pulls in and reverses out of Rathburn, it could've just gone around the loop. My preference would have been to just eliminate the Robert Speck stop.
You got Morguard Corporation to fight to do that, since they have most too loose and done the most bitching on location. Current new locations meets their request.

If you push the bus terminal to the east, next to City View, then there is no need for anything on Rathburn forcing the LRT off a straight line for Hurontario. You could tunnel under Hurontario and the bus terminal for the Transitway like it was supposed to be on day one.

All the stations will look the same, other than Gateway and PC.

There used to be a free shuttle bus around the city core and poorly used. They try better service and charge a $1, but the same results. Route 91 does Duke of York, Route 6 does LAC Dr and Route 28 does Confederation. Then you have 20, 61, 66 doing Rathburn from Confederation to/from the CCTT/GO Terminal. I remove Route 8 off Duke of York, since it will disappear in 2020 under current plans. Route 26 only service CCTT on the weekends only and will disappear over time as well.

All I know now, I will have to spend an extra 5 minutes to get to the nearest LRT stop, compare to my current bus stop. I can see Route 3 and riders getting screw on opening day of the LRT and adding extra travel time to the accessibility community as well,

Now that the loop has been cut, can anyone explain how the connection to the Miway Rathburn stop / City Centre transit terminal will actually be made?

The map doesn’t make sense to me. The route indicated on the latest map take the LRT right over Square One, parking lots and 403 ramps.

Now that the loop has been cut, can anyone explain how the connection to the Miway Rathburn stop / City Centre transit terminal will actually be made?

The map doesn’t make sense to me. The route indicated on the latest map take the LRT right over Square One, parking lots and 403 ramps.
View attachment 178749
View attachment 178750

One would hope it's a grade separated alignment, either elevated (most likely to happen) or tunnelled.

View attachment 178749
View attachment 178750
As I noted, the LRT will run on the north side of Rathburn and stop at Station Gate. GO currently has bus bays on both sides of Station Gates.

The miWay bus terminal is on the south side of Rathburn, but the city wants to put it on the north side of the LRT and expand it. City is looking at both site on either side of Station Gates as a terminal site. Unless the city plans this new terminal to handle 125,000-150,000 riders a day between all 3 operation, only shooting itself for not doing it down the road on day one. People will not follow the rule how to access the LRT Platform, unless there is a fence on both side of the tracks.

As how the LRT gets into/out of Rathburn, see my other posting as well a plan of it that was posted later by someone else.

As I noted, the LRT will run on the north side of Rathburn and stop at Station Gate. GO currently has bus bays on both sides of Station Gates.

The miWay bus terminal is on the south side of Rathburn, but the city wants to put it on the north side of the LRT and expand it. City is looking at both site on either side of Station Gates as a terminal site. Unless the city plans this new terminal to handle 125,000-150,000 riders a day between all 3 operation, only shooting itself for not doing it down the road on day one. People will not follow the rule how to access the LRT Platform, unless there is a fence on both side of the tracks.

As how the LRT gets into/out of Rathburn, see my other posting as well a plan of it that was posted later by someone else.
That doesn't explain the reasoning for the line on the map though, is it just to avoid misinformation on how the line will be served (people may get the idea that the line terminates there with two different service patterns)? Why can't it just be a simple map with a line sticking out on the left to serve City Centre Station?

That doesn't explain the reasoning for the line on the map though, is it just to avoid misinformation on how the line will be served (people may get the idea that the line terminates there with two different service patterns)? Why can't it just be a simple map with a line sticking out on the left to serve City Centre Station?
Why don't you ask Metrolinx that Question, since mine is no good.

The rationale behind the name it would seem is avoiding a duplication of names with the existing Central Pkwy Stn on the Transitway Line. Of course, "Fairview" may also prove contentious in the future should ever the "Don Mills" station at Sheppard be renamed as not to confuse riders with the planned DRL station at the true "Don Mills" centre at Lawrence.

The block between Central Pkwy and Elm is where the true density lies in that area and is where the stop should be situated.

You're correct. Metrolinx prefers to avoid duplicate station names. I noticed in the most recent Finch West map that a bunch of names had been changed as well. Earlier versions showed "Kipling" and "Islington", but in the most recent version they were replaced with other names.

The Hurontario map still shows Eglinton and Dundas though, so I suspect more name changes will occur between now and opening.

There's also a report on the Brampton Council agenda today about LRT for Main Street and staff recommendations.

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/meetings-agendas/Committee of Council 2010/20190403cw_Agenda.pdf

Extracted portion on the LRT attached. There was some discussion earlier in this thread about whether the EA would have to be changed and its status. Staff comment on that issue.

Staff has confirmed with the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) that both the original TPAP approved HMLRT EPR and the Environmental Study Report for Downtown Reimagined still have valid EA approvals as separate projects. This means that the City could proceed separately with either the original HMLRT route or Downtown Reimagined on Main Street without further EA work.

Costs:

Attachments

• Brampton LRT.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 579
Last edited:
You're correct. Metrolinx prefers to avoid duplicate station names. I noticed in the most recent Finch West map that a bunch of names had been changed as well. Earlier versions showed "Kipling" and "Islington", but in the most recent version they were replaced with other names.

The Hurontario map still shows Eglinton and Dundas though, so I suspect more name changes will occur between now and opening.
I have already posted the major name changes that will take place for the line to deal with the duplicates of station names for Metrolinx system map. Eglinton-Hurontario and Dundas-Hurontario will be use once the current maps are up dated since the change was only approved a few weeks ago. This will happen to other lines as well if main street is use as a stop name.

One hopes option 1 proceeds for Brampton, as Ford will reject to defer the other options or force Brampton to pickup the extra cost over $500 million to have it built.

Back