On a recent map I noticed it said the station names are "subject to change". If Metrolinx has a say in the names, and decides that the "Dundas" stop shouldn't be the name for the stop on Dundas because there's a Dundas station on the Yonge line, I'll have a meltdown. Same thing for "Eglinton" come to think of it.

ETA I just noticed that the Steeles stop is named "Brampton Gateway Terminal" instead of the more logical "Steeles"....ughhhh.
The station names were locked in about 2 years ago. The map hasn’t been updated (classic Metrolinx).

On a recent map I noticed it said the station names are "subject to change". If Metrolinx has a say in the names, and decides that the "Dundas" stop shouldn't be the name for the stop on Dundas because there's a Dundas station on the Yonge line, I'll have a meltdown. Same thing for "Eglinton" come to think of it.

ETA I just noticed that the Steeles stop is named "Brampton Gateway Terminal" instead of the more logical "Steeles"....ughhhh.
They will rename the stations when the line opens. These will be the new names:

Hazel McCallion Central station
Hazel McCallion North station
Hazel McCallion Very North station
Hazel McCallion Northernmost station
...... and so on

Port Credit GO, Oct/7/2022
8414F657-CEF5-4825-A0F5-3CBC275F4658.jpeg
0F0E3ABA-70D7-4C6D-AB6E-9EE34B27ED11.jpeg

Oct 9

OSM Guideway

The hydro pole that was in the centre of the inbound track to the OSM has bee relocated to allow the building of the the missing section of track. 4 long section of rail that looks longer than what TTC does for their track rails have been welded together since I was last there.

A large section of form work in place for the inbound track to allow it to be encase of concrete. The rebar fame that was setting on the concrete base is now about 6 inches off the ground with ties and rail in pace.

Only saw a small section and not much has taken place since my last visit. About ¾ to 1 inch ground cable is under the concrete bed for the track on top of the base.

Derry Rd to Courtney Park

Concrete has been poured for the 4 beams that will form the flower bed between the tracks compare to the 2 I last saw. They are the same as the section north of Matheson. The northbound curb for the centre section is being poured with the southbound string for it to be pour.

Courtney Park to 401

The placement of cable boxes tor the guideway is taking place south of Courtney Park. New concrete curb work taking place for the southbound lane

401 to Derry

Most of the new concrete curb in place that will allow the paving of the new southbound lanes to allow the shifting of traffic to work on the northbound lanes. This will allow the work to get underway of building the guideway as well rebuilding the intersection with the guideway in place. It going to be a bitch for traffic once Britannia is reduced to single lanes to allow the guideway to be built in sections.

Derry to Matheson

A lot of sections of the guideway bases and curbs has been torn out due to pour workmanship and concrete. Rebar frames being place in the southbound track area south of Sandalwood intersection.

Looks like the base is poured or being pour for the centre platform north of Matheson.

Work has started on the southside of Matheson for the guideway with caissons being place for pole base.

Elevated Area

The pier in the centre of 403 being formed to allow to have the concrete pour for it. One of the pier beam supports is fully pour and strip with a few more to be strip this week. More pier supports are in the building stage.

QEW

This was to be the weekend for moving the box under the QEW and not close being ready. Still building the block that will allow the hydraulics to push the box into place. The box is 95% strip. The big issue is the shoring and excavation of the area on the south side of the QEW to allow box to line up with the new eastbound lanes as well building the new eastbound on ramp. More a Nov or Dec move based on what I saw.

Mary Fix Creek

See nothing new regarding the movement of the box under the rail corridor other than a retaining wall being form and pour where the tracks will go next to the creek.

A pole supporting the hydro pole on the east side of Hurontario must be move as it located where the new east wall of the creek must go.

Caissons are being drill that will form the base of the new east pier support for the new Englewood Road bridge is to go in to replace the current one north of it.

Once the east side drilling is done, the west side drilling will take place. The current work area is covering the creek with metal tube under it to allow water to freely flow.

The area on the west side of the new west retaining wall is being back fill and graded to allow paving to take place that will support more parking spots. The current driveway will be rebuilt to all parking spot on both side of the new driveway. That will happen next spring.

No photos of the elevated section and no clue when I will be getting todays shots as I am nearing the end of my July shots. I am posting a few unedited photos out of 140 I shot today for the LRT.

The drome boys could try to get some shots of the areas I shot today.
133A3112.JPG
133A3052.JPG
133A3042a.JPG
133A3034.JPG
133A3106.JPG
133A3104.JPG
133A2986.JPG
133A2994.JPG

I neglected to post the link here but here is what I posted on Instagram recently:

When I have some time I'll scout some locations further north but likely won't shoot anything from Bristol rd to the 407 as it is just too close for my liking to the busiest runways at Pearson. I know I can fly up to 60m altitude in that stretch but I'd just prefer to avoid it altogether.

So this thing is going to be completed before the eglinton crosstown? Started later and finishes earlier?

I neglected to post the link here but here is what I posted on Instagram recently:

When I have some time I'll scout some locations further north but likely won't shoot anything from Bristol rd to the 407 as it is just too close for my liking to the busiest runways at Pearson. I know I can fly up to 60m altitude in that stretch but I'd just prefer to avoid it altogether.
You will not have any issues with your ceiling height as they were over a 1000 meters taking off going west yesterday for both runways and have seen them no less than 600 meters on final approach.

If you do the OSM and guideway area, Hydro towers height will be your main issue as well location of them.

You are good from 407 to Steeles and you can get up to Matheson with no real issues.

So this thing is going to be completed before the eglinton crosstown? Started later and finishes earlier?
NO

As it stands now, operation is schedule to start Q4 2024 with most of the construction done by the end of 2023. Testing of the full system for operation is Q2-Q4 2024.

As the guideway get fully completed and operational south of Matheson and north of North Flight, they will be come part of the testing and training area

because the expectation is that there will be less traffic on Hurontario because people will switch to using the LRT
sigh
Haaaaaaa!!! what a joke. The LRT will force riders to stay in the car if going from Eglinton to Cooksville or Port Credit due to the extra travel time going to/from Sq One. More so if the line gets split into 2 section like the 2 and 17 are as well when the loop happens.

If Europe can remove a lane of traffic for the LRT, no reason we can't.

Last edited:

Back