Population growth coming from North of Mississauga including Brampton, Georgetown, and Milton Hurontario will become a parking Lot. They assume that LRT will compensate for this. It's so sad because the room is there!

I live on the ninth line north of Eglinton, It's 2022 and this road is still a 2 lane Congo line. Who on earth is making these decisions!? If they can't fix this road how could they fix HWY 10!!??

Sorry for the rant.

Population growth coming from North of Mississauga including Brampton, Georgetown, and Milton Hurontario will become a parking Lot. They assume that LRT will compensate for this. It's so sad because the room is there!

I live on the ninth line north of Eglinton, It's 2022 and this road is still a 2 lane Congo line. Who on earth is making these decisions!? If they can't fix this road how could they fix HWY 10!!??

Sorry for the rant.
I don't think the intent is for Ninth Line to be a major arterial. However, are some of the land is being developed between it and the 407, I think Ninth Line is being upgraded.

Sorry for the rant.
Sorry for your lack of road space, but the days of wide 3 lanes roads are coming to an end and have no issues with it.

Hurontario was to be a nine (9) lane road north of the CP tracks to Brampton and the land was put aside after an 1980 report call for it. As a pedestrian who currently cross 7 lanes, it bitch to do so as well the N-S traffic light can be up to 3 minutes long, regardless there is very little traffic on it. The speed has been reduced 10k in the past 5 year, yet you see highway speed on it from to to bottom.

Mississauga has no plan to widen roads over 4 lanes and it goes back to the day when Burnhamthrope was to be 7 lanes east of Hurontario after its EA was approved and was kill. Burnhamthrope west was to be reduced to 5 lanes, but it gone off the rail.

The city has under estimate what the LRT will do with the plan to loop the core as well going the the bus terminal now. There is currently 15-20 minute waste of riders time on a good day using the old 19 and the 2/17 is about the same today. You will save 5 minutes using the LRT each way and will increase to 20 minutes if the loop is built. You can add more time if the line gets split like the 2/17 to the point, that the folks who have access to a car will stay in the car, especially for the Eglinton area.

As for 9th line, it will be upgrade to 5 lanes down the road.

The city hasn't increased the model split since 2000 when I first start doing numbers for the system. The city is great doing the transit talk, but poor backing up the talk and it starts with density city wide. With you don't have density to support a route, petter hard to put quality service on it to get folks out of their car.

As Hazel used to say at council, time to built a wall around the city to stop people passing through her city and causing traffic mess within it.

As Hazel used to say at council, time to built a wall around the city to stop people passing through her city and causing traffic mess within it.
The Mississaugans that work in Toronto might have something to say about such a wall.

I don't think the parochial approach is the correct one. We're a region, and we're stronger when we act that way. I think we made big land use planning and transportation infrastructure mistakes by thinking of each municipality as its own little fiefdom.

The Mississaugans that work in Toronto might have something to say about such a wall.

I don't think the parochial approach is the correct one. We're a region, and we're stronger when we act that way. I think we made big land use planning and transportation infrastructure mistakes by thinking of each municipality as its own little fiefdom.
When she was mayor, her comments were to areas west of Mississauga and the north related to traffic issues which was a joke.

Only have to look at the lakeshore to see how much traffic is non Mississauga on it.

In fact, when we did the EA study for the Queens Way W rebuilt, we found 70% of drivers on it were non residents for the area as well Toronto.

Every place has non residents passing through it on non highways roads when traffic becomes an issue on the highway.

When she was mayor, her comments were to areas west of Mississauga and the north related to traffic issues which was a joke.

Only have to look at the lakeshore to see how much traffic is non Mississauga on it.

In fact, when we did the EA study for the Queens Way W rebuilt, we found 70% of drivers on it were non residents for the area as well Toronto.

Every place has non residents passing through it on non highways roads when traffic becomes an issue on the highway.
Want to discourage through traffic? Make it 30 kph and add lots of traffic calming.

Want to discourage through traffic? Make it 30 kph and add lots of traffic calming.
The day of 30k is around the corner now with 40 becoming the norm

Sorry for your lack of road space, but the days of wide 3 lanes roads are coming to an end and have no issues with it.

Hurontario was to be a nine (9) lane road north of the CP tracks to Brampton and the land was put aside after an 1980 report call for it. As a pedestrian who currently cross 7 lanes, it bitch to do so as well the N-S traffic light can be up to 3 minutes long, regardless there is very little traffic on it. The speed has been reduced 10k in the past 5 year, yet you see highway speed on it from to to bottom.

Mississauga has no plan to widen roads over 4 lanes and it goes back to the day when Burnhamthrope was to be 7 lanes east of Hurontario after its EA was approved and was kill. Burnhamthrope west was to be reduced to 5 lanes, but it gone off the rail.

The city has under estimate what the LRT will do with the plan to loop the core as well going the the bus terminal now. There is currently 15-20 minute waste of riders time on a good day using the old 19 and the 2/17 is about the same today. You will save 5 minutes using the LRT each way and will increase to 20 minutes if the loop is built. You can add more time if the line gets split like the 2/17 to the point, that the folks who have access to a car will stay in the car, especially for the Eglinton area.

As for 9th line, it will be upgrade to 5 lanes down the road.

The city hasn't increased the model split since 2000 when I first start doing numbers for the system. The city is great doing the transit talk, but poor backing up the talk and it starts with density city wide. With you don't have density to support a route, petter hard to put quality service on it to get folks out of their car.

BUILD THAT WALL

6 lane roads are very much not dead and are continuing to get built all across the 905. York and Halton Regions have large plans to upgrade huge amounts of their arterials to 6 lanes.

Much of Peel already has large sections of 6 lane arterials, So it's easier for Mississauga to say "no more 6 lane arterials" since most of theirs are already at that. Plus Mississauga just completed widening Mavis in what, 2019? And still plans to widen it over the 407?

That said, yes, dropping Hurontario to 4 lanes is generally fine, I think, as long as Mississauga ensures the adjacent road network can handle the overflow. Roads like Maritz Drive, Confederation Parkway, and Whittle Road will take some traffic displacement from Hurontario.

6 lane roads are very much not dead and are continuing to get built all across the 905. York and Halton Regions have large plans to upgrade huge amounts of their arterials to 6 lanes.

Much of Peel already has large sections of 6 lane arterials, So it's easier for Mississauga to say "no more 6 lane arterials" since most of theirs are already at that. Plus Mississauga just completed widening Mavis in what, 2019? And still plans to widen it over the 407?

That said, yes, dropping Hurontario to 4 lanes is generally fine, I think, as long as Mississauga ensures the adjacent road network can handle the overflow. Roads like Maritz Drive, Confederation Parkway, and Whittle Road will take some traffic displacement from Hurontario.
Queen, Steeles, and Bovaird in Brampton are each in the future going to get BRTs on them using lane conversion. This is an effective way to launder roads development charges for transit.

Hi Guys,

Had a look this week at Port Credit on the Hurontario LRT. Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy the video.:)

So the pedestrian tunnel seen in the video at 8:25 is not going to be accessible during the pushbox push next weekend?

So the pedestrian tunnel seen in the video at 8:25 is not going to be accessible during the pushbox push next weekend?
Long walking as well cycling to/from Cawthra due to safety issues. Since the QEW will be free flowing using the ramps, hard to have pedestrians/cycles crossing those lanes as well stopping the traffic.

The idea of a shuttle bus was kill due to safety issues as well.

Route 2 will see beef up service using the same headway due to longer trave time as well traffic backup. Surprise the 2 is using Mineola in place of Lakeshore, then Lakeshore will be jamb up like most QEW mess.

Back