Aldridge/Traders:
1.JPG

2.JPG

Midblock rail installation between Brunel/Sandstone and Aldridge/Traders:
3.JPG

4.JPG

Oct 23
No idea what was taking place at Port Credit GO Station to have no trains running this weekend as no one on site when I was there. Some work has taken place were the box is to go in the corridor as fresh gravel over all 3 tracks for the area.

Shoring for the piers are completed for the new bridge piers. Otherwise, did not see much different from my last visit.

Traffic was slow going south of the south service road and doesn't speak well for next weekend.

Crews were doing posttension of the block the will support the hydraulics system for pushing the box under the QEW in 5 days. Excavation is almost complete for the south side of the QEW for the box. Eastbound on ramp marked for 2 lanes and no idea what they have done at the top for the connection to the QEW.

Everyone who I talked to using the tunnel route were unawarded that the tunnel is close next weekend and saw no signs regarding the closure.

The box will have a sidewalk in once in place and open that will allow the closure of the current tunnel as well reduce the walking distance.

Hurontario St was down to one lane going south at the CP tracks to north of Dundas in a snake fashion to allow work taking place to install the storm water system. Traffic wasn't backup much compare what it would be like on a week day.

A few unedited and no tags with no idea when the rest will show up on my site
133A3408.JPG
133A3435.JPG
133A3437.JPG
133A3439.JPG
133A3442.JPG
133A3449.JPG

I have photos as well. i could see lane markings for two lanes on both eastbound and westbound on ramps at Hurontario.

I'm curious to know if south service rd will have both eastbound and westbound traffic with free flowing left turns for WB and right turns for eastbound traffic. Otherwise, this going to be a total cluster.

I still haven't determined how I'm going to get to work next weekend. Maybe I should just go Friday night. I'm sure mississauga rd will be rammed from QEW to lakeshore.
Looking at my photos today, I'm not sure how they are hoping to complete this in 55 hours.

I have photos as well. i could see lane markings for two lanes on both eastbound and westbound on ramps at Hurontario.

I'm curious to know if south service rd will have both eastbound and westbound traffic with free flowing left turns for WB and right turns for eastbound traffic. Otherwise, this going to be a total cluster.

I still haven't determined how I'm going to get to work next weekend. Maybe I should just go Friday night. I'm sure mississauga rd will be rammed from QEW to lakeshore.
Looking at my photos today, I'm not sure how they are hoping to complete this in 55 hours.
The map shows eastbound only on the south service road. It will do away with the left turning onto Hurontario as well interfering with the eastbound QEW traffic.

They keep taking about doing it in 55 hours, but the QEW will be 2 lanes in each direction until late the following week or until the centre barrier is built. Its possible it could be 3 during the day and that pushing it with work on the barrier taking place at night time.

There will be a lot of other work that will be done after the 55 hours to complete the first phase.

They have started on the relocation of the new eastbound ramp with more being done after this coming weekend

Reactions: max
Starting Sunday Oct 30 to Nov 13, electrical infrastructure construction will take place 7 days a week including 3 Sundays from 7-7 from John St (north of CP RR) to the northside of Elm Dr. There are various detour signs on Mississauga Valley Blvd which means Hurontario could see detour from Fairview to Elm Dr.

I thought all electrical work was done a few years ago with most of it being on the east side.

They have moved and raised the height of the hydro poles and wires on the west side north of Eglinton and could be happening with this schedule work.

D Hour is 19 hours away as I type this and hope everyone cameras are ready for the great mess with the closing of the QEW and Hurontario for the box move.

Still haven't received any video from Metrolinx and looks like I will no see it. I noticed today that Metrolinx office on Hurontario is still close and looks like they have scale things back on a number of fronts. Could be elections play a part in this closing.

Saw some strange looking equipment/material in the Cooksville storage yard and no idea what it is at this time.

Did a quick stop at the QEW on my way home just now and things not ready for the closure yet. Expect the pillions and barriers to start being move into position around 8-9 pm so closing can take place at 10. Lots of signs up stating the closing date and time with a number of small flashing LED screens. Screens too small.

Unless the plan has change, still don't see any signs saying the tunnel is close this weekend and going to catch people off guard who use that tunnel if it is close as plan.

8 excavators on site that will do the digging tonight to allow the box to be move on Sat. There is a planer and paving equipment in the OPP lot.

Fresh concrete has been pour on the north side of the push wall that fills in the hole for the tension rods.

The Dome folks may have some issues with the wind as there is a breeze that gust at times and need to check the winds if shooting tonight and the weekend.

The current hydro poles from John St to Elm are on the east side and don't know which side of the street where the work is to start taking place on Sunday. There is a substation next to CP corridor on the east side and where I saw all kinds of duct work take place years ago.

If the tunnel is close, no real access to the north side to photograph unless you have the safety gears to do so with a white hat. South side is a lot better.

Winds will be fine fortunately. Not planning on flying tonight due to an absuredly early start with my three year old this morning and ending the week having, as they say, taken drink 😉

9:42 pm saw southbound Hurontario St traffic go on detour at the QEW with great surprise and the police officer almost getting wipe out a number of times. Northbound was close 6 minutes later. Southbound was backup to the Queensway within minutes, with no provision to have traffic turn left only in place yet and road close and open to local traffic. Cars were making U-turns before, at the intersection or after making a turn to go to X to deal with the closure. Even as I head home.

Once again, lack of communications from all levels starting with Metrolinx end up shafting pedestrians and cycles with the closure of the tunnel with no before hand notice nor how to deal with the closure. The south side had a fence across the walkway that wasn't there earlier today and a sidewalk close sign at the north service road that went up after I was at the site.

Excavators that were station at the north service road where now on the south side of the QEW. Lots of personnel standing around until the full closure was in place. Lots of equipment on both ramps with Guild trucks as well to turn the traffic light off.

Off ramp signs for turning at Hurontario were been change from 2 left and 2 right lanes to 2 straight thru lanes and one right hand turning lane. Off ramp will only be able to turn right only for both direction.

Saw nothing taking place on the QEW, but could be taking place away from the site.

Lots of detour equipment was showing up along with the dump truck for the removal of the dirt.

The Star had no info for this closure considering there was 2 notices for the QEW at 427 and a whole pile for the 401.

Will stop by the site on my way into Toronto tomorrow.

They've made more progress than I thought they would have. I am going to head out soon

Thanks, just east of the creek!

Direct links to the cameras below. I figured I'd provide these since the site itself is a little clunky to use. These come up as static images. You have to manually refresh the browser for updates, and the updates only happen every few minutes.

The QEW at Hurontario. (Pushbox progress visible here)
The QEW at Dixie. (Nice view of the westbound traffic piling up)
The QEW at Mississauga Rd. (Ditto for eastbound traffic)

Back