May 26

DO NO USE 401 WESTBOUND RAMP TO HURONTARIO ST

Unless you don't want to sit in a parking lot trying to get off the 401 going west for Hurontario St for the next 30 days, find another option to go north or south. The intersection is fully close for southbound turns from the 401 and northbound for the side street and parking lot.

They have dug about 4 feet below grade for the new guideway from the 401 bridge and north of the intersection.

Only 2 lanes of traffic coming off the 401 to go north with the left lane backup up to the next intersections to allow cars to pull a U-turn while trucks will have to do round the block to go south.

The southside of Derry is seeing the other haft of the intersection being built with the pouring of the concrete base today. No left turns are allowed at this intersection in all directions.

More to come

May 25
The parking lot around the closure of Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe started at 7:10 pm with the 2 buses going the wrong way. .26 routes buses were running in pairs, not the 15 minute spread.

Every street around the closure area was plug.

No signs up at Central Parkway for Hurontario or Burnhamthorpe intersection up telling drivers to use Central Parkway.

Did not get a look to see if the gas station was open or will it be open on Sat as there is no easy access to it.

Good thing I am not around tomorrow, though it would been nice to some shots of everything

May 26
More to come

Excavation underway to removed all the earth for the box up to the shoring of the wall support.

Early next week, the box should/could be in place as grading was taking place for the box area. Once that pile of dirt is remove, you will get a clear view of the box
52929403539_b555131bd5_b.jpg

52928665622_5b907f7814_b.jpg

52929636475_1814c9eaba_b.jpg

52929403479_10a52edb34_b.jpg

So I shot Top flight and Edwards this morning (thanks @Transportfan for reminding about this as it had been on my list in the wintertime but I never got around to it) and I have to say I'm not really a fan of that area as it is a difficult area to operate in. I really wanted to get the maintenance shed as well but I have a 60m altitude restriction and some of the hydro towers adjacent to it are more than 60m tall. I generally avoid flying under things and so I will have to take a different approach after I have had a chance to look at the images I've captured and do further recon for a better takeoff and landing area. I can't go too much further east because then you are in the Pearson Authorization zone and I just don't want to be that close.

I also shot Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe this morning as well as the Port Credit push box. The push box is all the way through and I'll post a quick photo now. I shot a ton of stuff earlier this week I am still trying to edit so it will be later in the week before I get the rest of the photos up. They'll get posted in my GTA Aerials thread in the Photos and Videos section but I will post a link here. All my new photos except the odd ball/one off stuff will be consolidated in my own photos thread since it is the only easy I way I can keep track of stuff now.

May has been a good month with more than 46 flights and 7 hrs of flight time and I am hoping June will be even better!

1685296311902.jpeg

So I shot Top flight and Edwards this morning (thanks @Transportfan for reminding about this as it had been on my list in the wintertime but I never got around to it) and I have to say I'm not really a fan of that area as it is a difficult area to operate in. I really wanted to get the maintenance shed as well but I have a 60m altitude restriction and some of the hydro towers adjacent to it are more than 60m tall. I generally avoid flying under things and so I will have to take a different approach after I have had a chance to look at the images I've captured and do further recon for a better takeoff and landing area. I can't go too much further east because then you are in the Pearson Authorization zone and I just don't want to be that close.

I also shot Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe this morning as well as the Port Credit push box. The push box is all the way through and I'll post a quick photo now. I shot a ton of stuff earlier this week I am still trying to edit so it will be later in the week before I get the rest of the photos up. They'll get posted in my GTA Aerials thread in the Photos and Videos section but I will post a link here. All my new photos except the odd ball/one off stuff will be consolidated in my own photos thread since it is the only easy I way I can keep track of stuff now.

May has been a good month with more than 46 flights and 7 hrs of flight time and I am hoping June will be even better!

View attachment 480781
Great shot and they really removed the dirt to get the box into its final placement.

The weather is great for the next 7 days and it reminds me that I need to get to a number of places I am a year behind on.

As for Top Flight, nothing at Hurontario yet nor south of it and doing a 2nd section of track work on it. They are pouring the outbound track around the bend out of site using a sump pump on Friday.

Best place to shot OMF is off Kennedy Overpass and along the 407 side as you are away from the tower lines. There is major road construction on Kennedy and where I normally park is out of service. Best place to park is up at the arena and walk down

If you can, try getting a shot of the 401 ramp closure to Hurontario South and the guideway work taking place on the bridge as well north of it to show why not to use that ramp until late June. Was planning on shoot it Sunday, but tied up on a few things. Will try this week.

Don't know if you shot the closure, but wasn't nice as I was leaving town early Sat with the side streets a parking lot.

Great shot and they really removed the dirt to get the box into its final placement.

The weather is great for the next 7 days and it reminds me that I need to get to a number of places I am a year behind on.

As for Top Flight, nothing at Hurontario yet nor south of it and doing a 2nd section of track work on it. They are pouring the outbound track around the bend out of site using a sump pump on Friday.

Best place to shot OMF is off Kennedy Overpass and along the 407 side as you are away from the tower lines. There is major road construction on Kennedy and where I normally park is out of service. Best place to park is up at the arena and walk down

If you can, try getting a shot of the 401 ramp closure to Hurontario South and the guideway work taking place on the bridge as well north of it to show why not to use that ramp until late June. Was planning on shoot it Sunday, but tied up on a few things. Will try this week.

Don't know if you shot the closure, but wasn't nice as I was leaving town early Sat with the side streets a parking lot.
Thanks @drum118. I was looking again early this morning about how to shoot the OMSF and that is going to be a no go for me. It is inside the YYZ authorization zone and just too close to the threshold of Runway 5 for my liking.

1685361360240.png

I did shoot the closure at Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe and it wasn't too bad when I was there yesterday morning but that was likely due to the early hour. I've got about eighty shots from May 23rd to edit and then I'll be posting the closure shots and Topflight.

I'll do some recon for the 401 and Hurontario and shoot it if I can. That Derry and Hurontario intersection is pretty nasty right now so I can't imagine how incredibly bad the 401 off ramp is!

I don't think I posted this video I shot recently
QEW to Port Credit station

Thanks @drum118. I was looking again early this morning about how to shoot the OMSF and that is going to be a no go for me. It is inside the YYZ authorization zone and just too close to the threshold of Runway 5 for my liking.

View attachment 481074

I did shoot the closure at Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe and it wasn't too bad when I was there yesterday morning but that was likely due to the early hour. I've got about eighty shots from May 23rd to edit and then I'll be posting the closure shots and Topflight.

I'll do some recon for the 401 and Hurontario and shoot it if I can. That Derry and Hurontario intersection is pretty nasty right now so I can't imagine how incredibly bad the 401 off ramp is!
Just got back from OMSF after taking a few shot and double check what I know of the area. You know better than me, but I can see you flying there.

Planes are landing by going over Derry Rd at Kennedy but mostly south of it.

You are a number of 1,000' feet from Derry to the hydro corridor; about 300-500 from the north tower to the southside of OMSF; width of OMSF; About 400 feet from the northside of OMSF to 407. The only tall thing between Kennedy and Hurontario are the tower mast on the 407 and OMSF itself. A few shots from Friday May 26
52932551532_89922690f6_b.jpg

52932551562_1248a3045f_b.jpg

52933595408_c1a2b266ea_b.jpg

52933302179_bc91d41d31_b.jpg

52933302179_bc91d41d31_b.jpg

52932551317_8cbc45528e_b.jpg

May 29
I see light at the end of the tunnel from both sides of the rail corridor. You can get a real you view of the opening at the south end. Not much from Hurontario on the northside or the GO parking lot.

They are still digging away on the northside of the box, but its in position based on the southside view. The box has been built for the future 4th track that will be on the north.

The Englewood's bridge retaining walls have been pour and forming of road slab on both sides almost completed. Expect concrete will be pour on Tuesday for those slabs.

Sump pump was pouring concrete for the station walls with another section to be added to it shortly

Photos to follows

May 29
Light at the end of the tunnel and more up on my site

Trying to shoot over the top of the fence standing on the tips of my toes and not seeing what I was shooting was the pits and will try something else to get a good shot of the box.
52942250788_06cddee854_b.jpg

52942176045_43736473fb_b.jpg

52941786256_8265dd489f_b.jpg

52941939664_4000f77cff_b.jpg

52941939719_6661fac350_b.jpg

52942176370_5a3d2e7064_b.jpg

52941786571_7b886fd14e_b.jpg

52942251418_d8b9f8e31c_b.jpg

June 1
Had to do unexpected trip to PC and decided to take a quick look at the site.

All the excavation on the north side for the push box is completed and can get a better look at the box now. Excavation of the push box stage area underway. Station been strip of form work now the concrete has been pour for the first section.

Someone did a number on the fence and the mesh that I could a better shot than my last visit. A no no in my books.
52944282361_38a379b684_b.jpg

52943685097_211236b6d1_b.jpg

52943685127_ddcaffdde8_b.jpg

52944747878_b59995f2b6_b.jpg

52944670130_1394bdba69_b.jpg

52944747933_7e46bcba80_b.jpg

52944670205_c1f857d632_b.jpg

Back