Wonder if those opposed will try to pull out the vacuum tubes and hide them?

1920px-Elektronenroehren-auswahl.jpg

From link

From the Mississauga News "Metrolinx spokesperson Nitish Bissonauth said in an email that the exact dimensions of the substation and its foot print on land will be known once a vendor and model have been selected. Other substations in the province, Bissonauth said, are around five metres wide, 10 to 15 metres wide and 3.5 metres high."

Last edited:
There are open houses next week and we may see some updated info what is now going to happen for the line

Minister says Brampton has to develop the business case for an extension.

Minister says Brampton has to develop the business case for an extension.
lol, sticking it to Patrick Brown. Brampton deserves this really. Should have stuck to the main st alignment from day 1.

lol, sticking it to Patrick Brown. Brampton deserves this really. Should have stuck to the main st alignment from day 1.
Honestly I'm fine with the province balking at it. Brampton has waffled on this so many times that it frankly shouldn't be able to just walk up and say "we are for real this time, give us the money".

Honestly I'm fine with the province balking at it. Brampton has waffled on this so many times that it frankly shouldn't be able to just walk up and say "we are for real this time, give us the money".

Agreed. The plan and funding for LRT were in place years ago, and Brampton arrogantly cancelled their portion through a baffling sense of entitlement.

Now they can sit and stew for years or decades and helplessly watch as other projects around the province get built in cities that are grateful for expanded transit infrastructure.

Fuck 'em.

Agreed. The plan and funding for LRT were in place years ago, and Brampton arrogantly cancelled their portion through a baffling sense of entitlement.

Now they can sit and stew for years or decades and helplessly watch as other projects around the province get built in cities that are grateful for expanded transit infrastructure.

Fuck 'em.
Sounds exactly like what happened in Scarborough.

Did I miss a memo? I have always understood that the cost of this project was originally set at something over $1B

Earlier this year....
But then....

Was there ever a public reaction to this huge escalation?

ML is always touting its Business Case methodololgy..... I wonder what the benefits ratio becomes at the new cost figure.

I'm not arguing against this project, and I realise that the $1.4B was always understood to be a placeholder that would rise with time.... but are we so conditioned to costs exploding (or duelling cost figures being produced by anyone with a ouija board) that we let this one slide by without a reaction? $1.4B to $4.6B is more than just the usual escalation in cost over time.

- Paul

Did I miss a memo? I have always understood that the cost of this project was originally set at something over $1B

Earlier this year....
But then....

Was there ever a public reaction to this huge escalation?

ML is always touting its Business Case methodololgy..... I wonder what the benefits ratio becomes at the new cost figure.

I'm not arguing against this project, and I realise that the $1.4B was always understood to be a placeholder that would rise with time.... but are we so conditioned to costs exploding that we let this one slide by without a reaction? $1.4B to $4.6B is more than just the usual escalation in cost over time.

- Paul
$4.6B includes 30 year operation and maintenance. The $1.4B figure is just for design and construction.

Back