Bridge girders going up on the 403 flyover:
Flyover.png

The Aldridge/Traders intersection has reopened:
Aldridge.png

Ongoing midblock rail installation between Aldridge/Traders and Brunel/Sandstone:
Midblock.png

Ain't nobody gonna call this thing the "Hazel McCallion LRT" except maybe the Ford family, who are inexplicably obsessed with her and who will also never ride it.

Hazel will call it the "me LRT", I guess.
I give it even money she never sees it open, honestly. She's 101.

There's literally no signage anywhere for Highway 10 in Mississauga. If you're referring to Caledon, then sure. How people still even know it was called Hwy 10 at one point is beyond me.

Lived in Brampton as a kid and everyone knew Main Street, Highway 10, and Hurontario were the same street.
It's like asking how people even still know it was called the SkyDome at one point. People know because that's what everyone calls it.

Ummmm I was a bit surprised that the use of the phrase Highway 10 would require correction. I would identify with Mercury, 10 was 10, everyone knew what 5 and 10 stood for, and the Lakeshore was either the Lakeshore or 2. Hurontario did not seem to get used much actually, but then again, 10 was a highway, not the site of a light rail project. I can remember going to a farm on 10, north of Cooksville and the rail line to look at cattle with my grandfather. I was pretty young, but for years afterwords I could identify that farmhouse as it became a developers land bank and was eventually bulldozed through neglect. I guess older habits linger on.

Ummmm I was a bit surprised that the use of the phrase Highway 10 would require correction. I would identify with Mercury, 10 was 10, everyone knew what 5 and 10 stood for, and the Lakeshore was either the Lakeshore or 2. Hurontario did not seem to get used much actually, but then again, 10 was a highway, not the site of a light rail project. I can remember going to a farm on 10, north of Cooksville and the rail line to look at cattle with my grandfather. I was pretty young, but for years afterwords I could identify that farmhouse as it became a developers land bank and was eventually bulldozed through neglect. I guess older habits linger on.
It's fine, we should never forget what Harris took away from us.

Doesn't pretty much everyone who doesn't live in Peel Region call it Hurontario?

I certainly had no idea what the original post referring to Hwy 10 was alluding to without a Google Search.
I've not heard it called 10 in Brampton or Mississauga by anyone outside the transit geek community in many years. Some here weren't even born when it was last Highway 10 - sometime last century.

Looking at an official map of Peel; these days 10 is Boivard, and 5 is Derry. So 5 and 10 (if it's not dime store) don't mean.

Older people may still call it highway 10. But no one I personally know has any idea that Dundas was Hwy 5 and Lakeshore was Hwy 2. I didn't even know that until much later in life. I imagine those roads had those designations even longer ago than Hurontario did.

Back