Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
184 SPADINA AVE
Ward 10 - Tor & E.York District
▼View All Properties

182 SPADINA AVE​
184 SPADINA AVE​

Zoning By-law amendment for a proposed 2-storey podium, plus 17-storey and 15-storey towers above for hotel uses. The proposal will be comprised of 11,275 sq metres of non-residentail floor area.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Rezoning​
19 199402 STE 10 OZ​
Aug 1, 2019​
Under Review​
184 spadina.PNG

Didn't LPAT already confirm that this block is limited to 12 storeys through the 170 Spadina appeal? That was under the old OMB rules too, so why would this developer expect a different outcome?

Sweeny&Co:

23qde.JPG

534es.JPG

wfeafa.JPG

42wtqaf.JPG

43twfeadsf.JPG

Would've been nice to get all of the parking space filled in. Although from my understanding, the tricky part is that the small lot to the south belongs to 174 Spadina Ave which remains as a separate property division.

The remaining downtown Toronto property, which won’t be Manga-branded, will be the Hyatt House Downtown Toronto at 184 Spadina Ave., just north of Queen Street West at Cameron Street.

The property is going through the municipal approvals process, but plans are for a 250-room extended stay hotel. Construction could possibly start by late 2022.

It could be developed as part of a redevelopment of or addition to 174 Spadina though, I imagine? If they decided to redevelop their site or add on to the existing building.

The area could also be adapted in the future for different uses as well, such as a patio space for a restaurant or cafe if they adapted the building to support that kind of use, or an area for food trucks or a landscaped amenity space for the adjacent building. It will also maintain some visibility of the nice old warehouse architecture and windows of 174 Spadina, so all in all I don't mind having a small gap in the streetwall here.

Last edited:

Back