Also in the Star today:
https://www.thestar.com/business/bo...cle_37551c22-0247-11ef-b6d2-fb4f50ca04f5.html

"Toor said the high-end property on Jarvis will be in the same class as The One, a skyscraper on the southwest corner of Young and Bloor that has gone into receivership, and the Ritz Carlton." .... Yes, because nothing says luxury like living/staying at the corner of Urine and Crime Spree (errr...Jarvis and Shuter), and, as the BlogTO article notes, across the street from a men's shelter.

Seriously? It's not as if there are a lot of condos going up in the area too.

I'm a little surprised it's not getting the Hyatt branding anymore. I can't say the Toor name does anything for me.

They updated the article. He wasn't saying this project was in the same class as The One, he was saying their King St project is in the same class as 550 Wellington

I was super confused by the quotes in this thread because this project... isn't luxury. Or quality. Or anything I'd want my name on

If I were to guess is that Hyatt pulled out forcing Toor, the founder of Manga Hotels, to start his own brand.

Yes, because nothing says luxury like living/staying at the corner of Urine and Crime Spree (errr...Jarvis and Shuter), and, as the BlogTO article notes, across the street from a men's shelter.
I am not sure how that's supposed to be a requirement for luxury as it's outside the jurisdiction of this development. If anything, it says that the rich can erect anything regardless of the environment they choose to build it on. Life still goes on, I guess... /shrug

Back