Architecture makes sense for the area and the price point.

You're not going to get world class design at Islington and Bloor - LOL at the thought! Have you seen the surrounding area? Mainly cheap (*cheap*) apartment rentals. Not the nicest of neighborhoods.

This development, as mundane as it is, will help attract lower-middle class residence who want to be near the subway for their daily commute yet cannot afford the same amount of space downtown.

You're not going to get world class design at Islington and Bloor - LOL at the thought! Have you seen the surrounding area? Mainly cheap (*cheap*) apartment rentals. Not the nicest of neighborhoods.

This development, as mundane as it is, will help attract lower-middle class residence who want to be near the subway for their daily commute yet cannot afford the same amount of space downtown.

Rentals in my condo building at Islington and Bloor start at $1800 up to over $5000. I wouldn't call that cheap. And it's a lovely neighbourhood brimming with parks.

Rentals in my condo building at Islington and Bloor start at $1800 up to over $5000. I wouldn't call that cheap. And it's a lovely neighbourhood brimming with parks.

North or South of the train tracks? Probably South, South East along Aberfoyle. Those are nicer buildings and they do back on to a large park area.

However, this development is North of the tracks. Right on Mabelle and Cordova, which is surrounded by low-rent apartments without the best reputation (trying to steer clear of calling these slumish, but that is the perception amongst a lot of people who actually live there). 2bdrm apartments incl. utilities go for $1300/mo.

The area looks like Chernobyl.

The area looks like Chernobyl.

disagree. this area is getting new developments lately - ie. westwood theatre redevelopment is in stages, islington on terrace coming up (sales office is being built next to islington subway station or the legion building that was demolished), kip district... expect this area to change in 5 years; and also ttc parking lots will be gone soon.

disagree. this area is getting new developments lately - ie. westwood theatre redevelopment is in stages, islington on terrace coming up (sales office is being built next to islington subway station or the legion building that was demolished), kip district... expect this area to change in 5 years; and also ttc parking lots will be gone soon.

In its current state. I am sure it will look nice, but I am doubtful that the kip district or the Islington terrace will get built anytime soon.

Saw the frontpage article.

Well, Tridel cheapens out on exterior design and architecture as you would imagine but at least they build higher quality amenities and spaces for their residents.

Any action on the site? Did they break ground yet? Spotted a few listing on MLS

I live in the area and no one has broken ground yet. No major activity for the last few months other than boarding up the western wall of the parking lot.

Shots of the presentation centre and the site:

So, this has been selling well enough that the second tower here has now been released. Front page story up here.

Hey everyone,

They put up this sign in the last few days. Additionally I have been seeing an increased amount of activity on the site. It appears that the show is about to get started. I'll post more when I see construction getting started.

sign.jpg

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 897

Back