Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
More density for the Bloor and Islington area...........http://goo.gl/maps/P70Gm

64 CORDOVA AVE
OPA / Rezoning 12 245092 WET 05 OZ Ward 05
- Etob. York Sep 12, 2012 --- --- --- Ventresca, Christian
(416) 395-7129
Proposal for three residential apartment buildings (35, 35 and 42 storeys) on a 3 storey podium on former TTC commuter parking lot for Islington Subway Station.

64-70 Cordova Ave

Note: Request for Expressions of Interest from developers closed August 2010 at the owner's representative. The awarded development proponent or co-development proponent in joint venture partnership with the owner's representative will provide an architect for detailed design and will manage construction. Owner's representative is negotiating with a selected developer. Timeframe for an award/announcement of development proponent is not known at this time. Further update late 2012.

Project: proposed construction of a residential development. The project may include a mix of rental and condominium apartments and townhouses. The site is 3.33 acres.

Scope: 3 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

Reference (August 28, 2012) - http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...12723104e97d&region=ontario&projectid=9122173

Do we know who the developer is? I really hope it is not pemberton as they did an awful job with Michael Power Place.

Interesting. Lots of development in this area - have there been retail developments to support this?

Pro: New buildings by a reputable developer to freshen up those, ahem, 'ghetto' complexes at the North West side of Islington & Cordova.

Con: Apartments. Would of been nice to see more condo development around this area.

EDIT: Yeah, scratch that ... according to the Official Plan above they will be condos (Pg. 16 - Tenure Type: Condos)

Last edited:
Pro: New buildings by a reputable developer to freshen up those, ahem, 'ghetto' complexes at the North West side of Islington & Cordova.

Con: Apartments. Would of been nice to see more condo development around this area.

Are they apartments? On the very last page it mentions condos -

Tenure Type: Condo (page 16).

New rental apartments are not as bad as the 90's and 80's buildings. The Village Gate West buildings are fantastic.

Last edited:
I am also hoping they would be glass condos. I know there is abundance of them in the city but ECC is in desperate need for some tall glassed towers.

Last edited:
I am also hoping they would be glass condos. I know there is abundance of them in the city but ECC is in desperate need for some tall glassed towers.

So the applicant is Deltera Construction - meaning Tridel will own these lands and expect them to end up just like Essex community on Kipling. Not thrilled about that but let's see if they can reassemble something like those Nuvo Essex. Good to see those commuter parking lots gone and making those lands usable. I can see ECC growing and definitely will become a skyline of Etobicoke one day.

So the applicant is Deltera Construction - meaning Tridel will own these lands and expect them to end up just like Essex community on Kipling. Not thrilled about that but let's see if they can reassemble something like those Nuvo Essex. Good to see those commuter parking lots gone and making those lands usable. I can see ECC growing and definitely will become a skyline of Etobicoke one day.

Just looking at the drawings, it looks like the older Essex buildings (Tall Rectangular shaped buildings), which is unfortunate.

Just looking at the drawings, it looks like the older Essex buildings (Tall Rectangular shaped buildings), which is unfortunate.

Another of 90s buildings... Bring some glass! Tridel in all condos like Essex, West Village are joke in 2012. I don't understand what sells them good...

Back