Site plan resubmission:

View attachment 215707

Much better, but isn't this tower fully sold? Isn't it a bit late for a dramatic change? Or maybe I'm mistaken… ?

The tower in my opinion should be the black they chose and the two floor box shapes be white. And other balconies as they are. Podium. Is fine

Does it mean that no cancellation is about to start? Look at the new pic, it seems that the balcony is gone.

Design-wise, I do find it to look cleaner now. Although it is odd for it to go through such a change at this stage, as I could imagine it could get messy with purchasers. Especially for the ones expecting certain features like balconies. I got a feeling there could be more to this twist in the story line.

From the Cover Letter document, attached to the Application centre on November 12th, 2019:

RE: 71 Mutual Site Plan Resubmission 6 NOVEMBER 2019

Dear Derek,

We are writing you with regard to our client’s resubmission for Site Plan Approval for the above project.

As we outlined to you in our meeting of July 17, 2019 , there have been some challenges in realizing this building and also a change in ownership. We are writing to summarize the proposed changes you will see in the set of drawings. It is important to emphasize that we are not proposing to change the overall height or shape of the structure. As a result of increasing the structural efficiency the overall height has been reduced by approx. 1m. The overall unit count has been increased by 3 (one bedroom) units and the amenity area adjusted to maintain 2m2 per unit.

The changes proposed are as follows;

1) Below grade As the exit stair configuration has been changed to provide better structural efficiency the scissor stair now runs into the garage. The parking count is unchanged and the arrangement much the same but the east wall of the garage has been pushed out approx. 1m below the line of the strata plan.

2) At grade There have been minor revisions to the amenity area and lobby to align with structure

3) Second Floor A unit has been added to this floor. Amenity space reconfigured to work with new stair arrangement.

4) Third floor Has been reorganized around the structure and we have sent this layout to Rental Housing staff who have confirmed they accept this new layout.

5) Fourth Floor Reorganized to add two units.

6) Fifth Floor Minor amendment to amenity area to align with new stair and structure

7) Floors 6-32 All balconies removed to be replaced with julliette (non-projecting) balconies.

We have made minor changes to align structure and adjusted the elevation to mimic the former graphic qualities of the façade.

We hope the above is clear, please let us know if you need anything further.

Yours Sincerely,
Roland Rom Colthoff OAA Director

Dream & ivy
mmexport1574709270256.jpg
mmexport1574709273977.jpg
mmexport1574709277312.jpg

Several posts discussing real estate-related issues have been moved to the project's real estate thread. Please keep this thread related to planning/design/construction

New docs posted August 6:

1597109052260.png

New docs posted August 6:

View attachment 262591
I also see in City of Toronto website that they finally submitted the "Conditional Permit Shoring/Excavation" request.
  1. Shoring / Excavation CP (“SHO”) – The holder of this below- grade (meaning below ground level) CP can conduct site excavation and the associated shoring (installing supports to ensure walls do not collapse during the excavation process).
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.24.10 AM.png

Last edited:
This has been dragging on for a while, but would nice to see this finally getting on track. If they execute it reasonably well, it'll also help block off Max Condos from certain vantage points when viewed from the south.

I also see in City of Toronto website that they finally submitted the "Conditional Permit Shoring/Excavation" request.
  1. Shoring / Excavation CP (“SHO”) – The holder of this below- grade (meaning below ground level) CP can conduct site excavation and the associated shoring (installing supports to ensure walls do not collapse during the excavation process).View attachment 262630
Is there a work permit and progress in demolition?

Back