Now it's been revised too: I can't believe they'll mow down all those beautiful old buildings to replace it with something that's butt spamdrel ugly... /le sigh

I have noticed the builder submitted two new partial permits on September 11: Foundation and Structural Framing.
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 1.17.54 PM.png

It seems like we have a few new members that seem a little too excited about this development and the destruction of some beautiful homes to make way for what might be the ugliest condo I've seen proposed for the downtown area in years.
Hope it's happening
Thanks for sharing some good news.

I'm not sure how anybody could say "hope this is happening" or call this "good news" unless they had some sort of financial connection to this development.

It seems like we have a few new members that seem a little too excited about this development and the destruction of some beautiful homes to make way for what might be the ugliest condo I've seen proposed for the downtown area in years.

I'm not sure how anybody could say "hope this is happening" or call this "good news" unless they had some sort of financial connection to this development.
Having a financial connection to any development is not a bad thing and I think we can all agree that's the way investment works. Those 150-years-old homes are not considered heritage either and below is the report. Maybe we should ask who should pay for the maintenance of all old private properties in a city and whether they had built to last for hundreds of years.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 5.07.53 PM.png

I'm not sure going from clunky to bland is actually an improvement here...

Back