Pic taken Nov 15, 2017

NvzDzdp.jpg

Upcoming consult, from Cressy's latest:

Development Consultation: 582-590 King St W, 471-473 Adelaide St W & 115 Portland St
Tuesday, March 6, 6:30 pm
Metro Hall, Room 308 (55 John Street)

A re-zoning application has been submitted to construct a new 12-storey office building at the corner of Adelaide and Portland. Community Planning staff will make a presentation, followed by a presentation from the applicant, and then there will be an open Q&A session.

Anyone know when this project will commence with construction? I have a condo facing west in the adjacent building (461 Adelaide st W) and this new building will be standing right in front of it.
Just want to know so i can brace myself.

Anyone know when this project will commence with construction? I have a condo facing west in the adjacent building (461 Adelaide st W) and this new building will be standing right in front of it.
Just want to know so i can brace myself.
There's an LPAT pre-hearing scheduled for December 18, 2018. As that's before the first Council of our next municipal government, based on what was decided per post #35 above at June City Council, I'm not sure that it could turn into a settlement hearings should the Planning Department and the proponents find common ground by then. I think it's unlikely to get zoning approval until mid-2019 in the best case scenario, and the plans will likely change somewhat before it is approved.

Looks like we'll be hearing something about this one in fairly short order. The GDNA seems enthusiastic at least, from their website:

Indeed, mediation did occur in December with follow-up in January. Parties to the file (including the GDNA) were in attendance. Output from those meetings cannot be shared yet ... but let me say that I wish all development applications would go this route!
Valerie Eggertson, Secretary GDNA

Reactions: AHK
473 Adelaide Street is the address of the nightclub Toybox. Will Toybox also stay open?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back