Mon Jun 22, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3bdf.jpeg

DSCN7331.JPG

DSCN7333.JPG

DSCN7334.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3be0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3be1.jpeg

DSCN7345.JPG

Beautiful restoration and love that he called out that the new building architecture complementing the old heritage building
Concord Adex, wish you could learning something here at Lakeshore

The Westinghouse building restoration is truly exceptional. Another thing I appreciate about this development is the towers are set far back from the intersection. I've never understood the crowding of city corners, better to put the tall towers mid block... comments?

The Westinghouse building restoration is truly exceptional. Another thing I appreciate about this development is the towers are set far back from the intersection. I've never understood the crowding of city corners, better to put the tall towers mid block... comments?
I don't see any point in ruling out towers at corners overall. I'm happy to see towers staggered, so in this case, opposite on the southwest corner of King and Blue Jays Way, there's no issue with a tower going up in that spot, as one is, as they won't be looking directly into the windows of one right across the street from them.

I generally don't mind but there are situations where the intersection starts to feel overwhelming and dark (especially if buildings at all quadrants are of similar heights and don't leave enough breathing room along the sidewalk). I'm thinking specifically of the intersection of Dundas and Jarvis where Pace, Grid and Dundas Square Garden condos all meet the street similarly. The future of that parking lot (202 Jarvis St) also looks like it will have the tall building located similarly at the corner.

Images here
https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2020/02/new-density-jarvis-and-dundas

The sidewalk along King Street has been complete but fenced off for months - awaiting arrival and installation of the glass for the overhang awning.

20200722_140424.jpg

And a couple of recently delivered crates of glass (with a second one in behind this) sitting in the breezeway, right behind the sidewalk - hopefully for installation in the awning:

20200722_140405.jpg

And installation of the glass canopy over the King Street sidewalk is now underway.

View attachment 259121
Awesome! This part of the sidewalk has been blocked off for the past 4 years, excited to have this opened again as next door on both sides, sidewalks are closed for 357 King and Maverick constructions. It never ends lol

Last edited:
Awesome! This part of the pavement has been blocked off for the past 4 years, excited to have this opened again as next door on both sides, sidewalks are closed for 357 King and Maverick constructions. It never ends lol
Don't get your hopes up, 55 Mercer to the south of this will probably start construction in the next year or so and block off the sidewalk for another 3 years...

Back