I've been wondering for the last month why The Blumz had ads up on a Mercer Street retail unit and a King Street unit and went back to my own post to see they're opening up two separate units in this one complex.

These are decently sized units for a jewelry store too! Was personally hoping—as a local—to have some new food and drinks but I guess I'll just have to eat diamonds and earrings.
There's a cafe, a shawarma joint and a convenience store to augment this, so I think you'll be fine for F&B!

Dec 2, 2022

zyfy2AV.jpg

Dec 2, 2022

zyfy2AV.jpg
Sheesh. Canopies are supposed to be welcoming, sheltering you from the wind or rain… not make the ground level less inviting. If this had been a metre higher, and the lights (and possibly more of them) glowed a warm white during the day too, this ground level might not have looked so utterly dingy. Feh.

Sheesh. Canopies are supposed to be welcoming, sheltering you from the wind or rain… not make the ground level less inviting. If this had been a metre higher, and the lights (and possibly more of them) glowed a warm white during the day too, this ground level might not have looked so utterly dingy. Feh.

Couple detractors to add, it actually doesn't shelter from anything unless you're 30 cm off the wall, and some of the street-facing windows (I believe the rightmost set of white window frames) just show pipes in a utility room, no coverings whatsoever.

The heritage building + hotel lobby though is very nice, warm, and inviting. Was tempted to drop by for a hotel lobby drink but they recently stopped serving alcohol for some reason.

Agreed, 75 The Esplanade is similar - not a useful cover!

So if memory serves me right the retail here is currently:
  • Blue Express - C-store
  • Blumz - Jewelry store, 2 separate units
  • Abriella - Mediterranean restaurant
  • Dental office
  • Tahini's Mediterranean Cuisine - Fast food
And still 2 unfilled units to go?

Last edited:
Looks like Abriella restaurant is taking over the main hotel lobby. The—honestly quite nice—interior lasted all of 1.5 years!

I'm also basing this on nothing but ~vibes~ but this restaurant feels like an INK Entertainment property, even though they have Bisha and all its restaurants around the corner.

IMG_0285.jpeg

Back