They are going to be digging far deeper than the soil line here, down into the Dundas shale substrate. I would doubt that remediation will be necessary for much of anything, and I would assume that anything there at the end will be brand new top soil for planting beds.

There goes @interchange42; now the City is going to have to consider renaming a shale substrate too! :p

Very excited to have digging and shoring started.
This project and the Well will transform this neighbourhood and make it even more desirable, bringing the Yorkville like prices ($1700/psf!) with a more hip, young and cool energy of the Entertainment and Tech district (Shopify and Advertising company moving to the Well)! with all the restaurants, bars, clubs on King

P1270774.JPG
P1270775.JPG
P1270776.JPG

Bowser! It's a large site. Like many on Urban Toronto I haven't been in the downtown core for quite some time due to covid so it will be fascinating to see all the action going on once I do get there!

It's projects like these that help mitigate all the cheap crap going up all over the city. Quality and visual appeal does seem a notch higher on King than on most of our other streets. Wonderful seeing the pit grow.

It's projects like these that help mitigate all the cheap crap going up all over the city. Quality and visual appeal does seem a notch higher on King than on most of our other streets.
Yes!
Not only preserving the heritage buildings and architecture and history, it builds on public space as well, connecting King to Wellington via the Cat park and public art, and Wellington/Millionaire row between Spadina to Portland (using loosely) to Front will be connected via the Well outdoor marketplace/shopping/restaurant. Creating a whole uniqueness to the neighbourhood!
Every new proposal in King West, I always look for heritage components and design that respects the history and architecture of the neighborhood. It adds King West as a destination and uniqueness vs. other blands glass high rises going on elsewhere along Yonge. This, King Portland, Ace Hotel, Waterworks etc. are also great additions to King West

Back