interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The 4.75 acre site of the Rona store at 4208 Dundas St W (a bit east of Royal York) will be redeveloped by Northam Properties and UrbanCapital. They'll be going for a mixed-use project to include retail space under a mid-rise residential building on Dundas, town houses, and a 21-storey condo tower facing the Humber Valley.

The 4.75 acre site of the Rona store at 4208 Dundas St W (a bit east of Royal York) will be redeveloped by Northam Properties and UrbanCapital. They'll be going for a mixed-use project to include retail space under a mid-rise residential building on Dundas, town houses, and a 21-storey condo tower facing the Humber Valley.

The Lambton store that used to be a Lansing?
It closed?

What a shame.
I worked in that store for a little while when it made its conversion to Rona from Lansing.
It had such a neat layout because of the location.

That's the place, but the Rona has not closed yet. It will be open for a while to come…

There are quite a few new proposals going on in the area, with this and Humbertown redevelopment. I think Epicurean is fairly close by, too. It's a moneyed neighbourhood, so I can see the market catering to future downsizers wanting to live in a condo rather than their house and have something easier to maintain.

It's great to see these suburban stores and plazas get redeveloped with urban development. Dundas between Royal York and the Humber River could one day have an attractive urban streetscape.

This project has morphed somewhat.

Fronting Dundas now will be an 8 storey building with the lower 2 levels being retail (about 35,000 sq ft) and the upper levels being a seniors residence. A new north-south street into the properties will allow access. Up that street will be 72 stacked townhomes in two ranks and two towers of 10 and 24 storeys linked above a podium. These condo units will overlook the Humber Valley and the railway/hydro corridor to the north.

This project has morphed somewhat.

Fronting Dundas now will be an 8 storey building with the lower 2 levels being retail (about 35,000 sq ft) and the upper levels being a seniors residence. A new north-south street into the properties will allow access. Up that street will be 72 stacked townhomes in two ranks and two towers of 10 and 24 storeys linked above a podium. These condo units will overlook the Humber Valley and the railway/hydro corridor to the north.

Just drove by. It's a great development for the area. Great that they are keeping retail along Dundas and will hopefully encourage more of the smaller lots to be built on. There is a new Rona on Islington (near Queensway) and one at Stockyards with a lumber yard. But I will miss it...love the mid-sized hardware stores.

Too bad they could not assemble a bigger track of land to make it more animated along Dundas St. Feels like the development is constrained by the parking lots that will surround it.

Wallman.

4208 Dundas West.JPG

Supporting documentation.

Attachments

• 4208 Dundas West.JPG
    4208 Dundas West.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 4,017
Wow, a Wallman in central Etobicoke?!?! I never thought I'd see the day...

Sure is. The 30 Lambton bus mystifyingly has a pathetic 30 minute frequency.
I'll second that statement. Ironically, most of the demand on the Lambton bus is between Royal York and Mabelle (just west of Islington) so it's a tricky route to fix.

Back