Taken August 26, 2019:

IMG_0831.jpg

The Meridian Hallitization of the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts (you know, the building awkwardly affixed to this condo) is all but complete on the exterior now:

IMG_6226.jpg
IMG_6227.jpg
IMG_6230.jpg
IMG_6231.jpg
IMG_6234.jpg

That goofy little smile below the M that passes for their logo is…

as uninspiring as their font and its kerning.

The Meridian Hallitization of the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts (you know, the building awkwardly affixed to this condo) is all but complete on the exterior now:

View attachment 206970View attachment 206971View attachment 206972View attachment 206973View attachment 206974

That goofy little smile below the M that passes for their logo is…

as uninspiring as their font and its kerning.

And UTers complained about the Scotiabank Arena branding (which I consider best in class from a rebranding perspective).... This is just lazy.

Corp sponsorships is a tough game... this signage will be easy to remove/replace in 5 years when the Sidewalk Labs (info tracking) branding is installed.
While it is true that many sponsor name signage would be best attached by Velcro, in the case of Meridian the sponsorship for both buildings is for 15 years. They really could have done better with their signage!

Noticed earlier this week that the Toronto (previously North York) Centre for the Performing Arts is also now the Meridien Arts Centre.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't we just go back to the O'Keefe Centre? How about "the O'keefe Centre by Meridian"? :rolleyes:

While it is true that many sponsor name signage would be best attached by Velcro, in the case of Meridian the sponsorship for both buildings is for 15 years. They really could have done better with their signage!
It's not the signage itself, so much as it's the weak Meridian branding that is being exposed by this encrustation. Someone in power at the company should really have said "If we're going to slap our name on the O'Humminy Centre for 15 years, isn't this the time to improve our visual identity? Time for a new logo!"… sort of like what I'm hoping they're doing at CIBC now.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't we just go back to the O'Keefe Centre? How about "the O'keefe Centre by Meridian"?

Do you realize that O'Keefe was a beer company? The place has had a "corporate name" from day one.

It's not great, but it beats that cheap-ass temporary-looking Sony Centre signage that was there before. At least this one has some relief. I just hope the revealed cleaner stonework dirties up a bit to match!

How is the building's condition now? Does anyone know if the flooding/electrical issues are still occurring?

I'm more interested in learning about new build condos that DON'T have flooding problems.

My hypothesis: Developers go cheap on construction while creating artificial 1-st year condo corp budgets. The shoddy construction is slowly revealed as building problems arise and are validated in each engineering performance audit the condo corp undertakes over the years. Condo owners are left to pay for the developers' shoddy work through raises in maintenance fees.

It's a bait and switch. A big swindle.

Where's the data on all of this? Where's the investigative journalism?

Almost 4 years after the feeds were prepared the light posts were installed. Not powered, just installed. Don’t get too excited.
View attachment 187432
Partially lit Nov 9. SE corner
E1285322-2A04-4BDF-AB2D-8B6EBBB3C49E.jpeg

Fully lit Dec 11, 2019. SE and SW end
0EB85E53-44F6-4955-A0C8-0CBCE74C5154.jpeg

4.5 years later!
F65D9C5C-13EA-4D91-88D8-43C21983DA7E.jpeg
548E4578-6AAE-47AF-BC92-0772278EEE03.jpeg
D54D6E63-0269-4DD4-B38C-1FDBF0E35A41.jpeg

Some off season landscaping work on the NW corner of the property? SE corner Front and Yonge. I can’t recall what was proposed there.
022FE124-A6EC-4BB7-AF04-821D9AA4DD08.jpeg

Back