12322821533_b1b42269b8_h.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, for the sake of complaining, and since I've been doing it all night: would it have killed them to throw a few white panels over the expanse of vents at the top of the south facade? The big unbroken block of blue sticks out quite a bit, but even if they coloured some of the vents white it could've softened the impact. The top just looks a bit haphazard in my opinion.

Agreed. They really dropped the ball on that part imo.

Alright, for the sake of complaining, and since I've been doing it all night: would it have killed them to throw a few white panels over the expanse of vents at the top of the south facade? The big unbroken block of blue sticks out quite a bit, but even if they coloured some of the vents white it could've softened the impact. The top just looks a bit haphazard in my opinion.

As someone pointed out earlier, those vents point downwards, so even if they did paint them, you wouldn't be able to see it from the ground. Look at the pictures; you really only see the darkness in the mechanical room, not the metal strips themselves.

^^^Beautiful pic udo. Looks like subtle hdr. Look at all that snow accumulation on the top floors of L. I'm guessing that won't happen once the units are heated.

This tower just doesn't do it for me. The top of the south end of the tower was handled poorly, but the quality of glass and mullions is what ruins this one for me. This tower should have had Delta quality curtain wall, all around.

How wonderful would it be if those white stripes are subtly lit, and moves ever so slowly upwards. Like watching a stream of water flowing into the sky.

Future lighting feature idea?

I highly doubt that will happen. I don't think there will be any rooftop lighting either.

That is an absolutely gorgeous shot of both L Tower, and the city at large. We're so fortunate to have some very talented photographers on this site.

it will be cool and it might make L tower more permanent in the skyline.

it will be cool and it might make L tower more permanent in the skyline.

Barring any natural disaster or terrorist strike, I believe L Tower is permanent in the skyline. However a lighting feature may make it more prominent.

:D

Back