DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
This place is moderated - as with most sites, much depends on what you are saying - or how you are saying it.
or, esp. on THIS thread, WHERE you say it. There are often TWO threads for a project, "Construction" and "Real Estate" and buyers in this project seem to be drawn to posting in the Construction thread when they are (very understandably) complaining about lost or frozen deposits and the sinking viability of the developer and THAT kind of talk belongs in Real Estate!.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
What are we allowed to write here? It seems like everything gets auto-deleted.

There are FAQs but for ease.

- No profanity

- While criticism is fair of developers or architects etc, be careful to avoid language that may be potentially libelous.

- No attacking other posters

- Try not to go off-topic too far (though it happens from time to time and is generally policed relative to degree)

- As @DSC noted above, make sure to place correct items in the correct thread. Construction/development threads are mostly for items directly related to a proposed or under construction design or planning issues surrounding same. Financial items, buying/selling, and individual unit matters are more for the Real Estate thread.

- That should keep you from experiencing regular deletions.

-

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
- Try not to go off-topic too far (though it happens from time to time and is generally policed relative to degree)
And that all depend on how relative it is to the topic being discussed. But like with others posted here, if there is another thread that better covers that off-topic better, then it should go over there.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
What are we allowed to write here? It seems like everything gets auto-deleted.

Not deleted - moved in this case to the real estate version of this thread:

The link to that thread was embedded in my post specifically to redirect posters intended to talk about the real estate aspect of this project. Also I suspect a lot of relatively new members are posting in this thread because that's what comes up in Google.

MoD

Domenico

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm assuming Greenland Holdings referenced in the attached article below is the same as the Greenland Group referred to as the developer on this site. If so, it's not looking good for this project's future.

mburrrrr

Member Bio
Reaction score
I read the displayed text only, 2 steps below junk bond, doesn’t sound good. I guess I get to keep my view for at least another year? I was looking forward to more construction as we all were I’m sure.

481C0657-23E0-41FD-B725-581DA5A46822.jpeg

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

The management of Greenland Holdings said in an investor conference call on May 27th that the company would not be able to repay its US dollar bonds due in June as scheduled and sought investors’ consent to apply for an extension.
According to reports, Greenland Holdings held a conference call with investors on the morning of May 27th, during which the management of the company said that a US$500 million bond with a coupon of 6.75% due on June 25th, 2022, could not be repaid as scheduled and seek consent from investors to the extension.
It is noted that the US Dollar bonds were issued on June 25th, 2019, and the aggregate principal amount of the notes held by or on behalf of the issuer, the guarantor, and their respective subsidiaries is US$12 million.
The report said that Greenland Holdings had previously sold two buildings in New York, USA, for a transaction consideration of US$360 million. Still, only a remaining US$50 million returned to Hong Kong due to a development loan of US$180 million, and the fact that the company only owned 70% of the equity, plus deducting commission payments, was not enough to cover the repayment amount.
In addition, Greenland Holdings Corp. plans to sell RMB 200 billion of assets over three years, or $50-70 billion per year, including commercial, office, and hotels.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I hope they wrap this up soon so the new developer can get rolling on something worth the space.
I am sure that something will happen on that site - the real question is if it will be 'worthy' of the location!

WeirdFishes

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's the Toronto waterfront, so the answer to that will be "no, it won't be".
I understand your pessimism, but for me there is a LOT to be excited about on the waterfront. Aquabella, Aualuna, T3-1, T3-2, the George Brown Timber build, Quayside, C3 block, and West Dons.

Those of these builds done, are LOVELY and those on the way are set for success.

Deadpool X

Member Bio
Reaction score
I understand your pessimism, but for me there is a LOT to be excited about on the waterfront. Aquabella, Aualuna, T3-1, T3-2, the George Brown Timber build, Quayside, C3 block, and West Dons.

Those of these builds done, are LOVELY and those on the way are set for success.
All of these buildings are a lot smaller than some of the bland taller buildings on the waterfront which naturally get more attention due to their size. How often have you noticed the 10 floor buildings in a postcard photo of a city that has 50+ floor buildings?

TheSix

Member Bio
Reaction score
All of these buildings are a lot smaller than some of the bland taller buildings on the waterfront which naturally get more attention due to their size. How often have you noticed the 10 floor buildings in a postcard photo of a city that has 50+ floor buildings?
I’m sorry, have you seen the Quayside or C3 proposals? They are filled with stunning tall buildings. I’d suggest taking a look ;) They are very promising.

And on a side note, I’d take 1 Aquabella or 1 Waterworks over 10 average supertalls any day. I don’t get this obsession with what the city looks like from the island. Have you seen how beautiful many low-rise cities in Europe look? We need to appreciate street presence and smart planning over height.