Looks like a cheap version of what's in Busan, SK.
ecb-hendrik-beikirch-busan-wherethereisnostrugglethereisnostrength-2012-925x616.jpg

I'm glad we're not looking at another box like structure that this city is famous for!

That would make more sense if it wasn't another boxy, sail like tower.

Greybrook, one of the partners here, has these two images up on their site, labeled "Previous design from MAD Architects and architectsAlliance - not current".

Just so you know.

MADLakeShoreNW901.jpg
MADLakeShoreSE870.jpg

Attachments

• MADLakeShoreNW901.jpg
    MADLakeShoreNW901.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • MADLakeShoreSE870.jpg
    MADLakeShoreSE870.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 973
I'm still on the fence about the HPA design, but this one is just ridiculous. Definite LOL.

how would a building like that actually function? Both structurally and in terms of use, services, etc..
I'm picturing a Gateway Arch-style elevator system, but beyond that, I'm too baffled by that design to even start thinking about it without getting a headache

We can laugh all we want but something like that will probably get built in China or Dubai without anyone there blinking an eye

Exactly what I thought of too.... and it would instantly become one of the most photographed buildings in the world. In lots of countries the reaction would be positive and they'd end up building it.

Toronto sure does conform to its ultra conservative reputation. We should just build a box and marvel at how innovative it is.

Last edited:
I think it would've been a brave and internationally unique building if built.

People in Toronto are crazy for a simple 3D "TORONTO". Imagine how popular something like that would be in our city.

215 LAKE SHORE BLVD E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Application for PHASE 1 to facilitate the redevelopment of the site with a 49-storey (150 metres) mixed-use building containing 1148 condo dwelling units, total combined gross floor area of approximately 84,665 square metres, including 1867 square metres of at-grade retail. The proposal also provides a total of 650 below grade parking spaces with 543 spaces for residential use and 107 shared spaces for residential visitors and retail uses.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 17 228459 STE 28 SA Sep 6, 2017 Under Review

Back