Others in the industry may be better suited to speak to this; but off-hand, I can only think of some environmental works that can be done without a City permit (soil remediation).
Yes, developers often do 99% of the excavation under the 'excuse' of remediation.

Nov 19.
Nothing too exciting here but the work status looks similar to the end of last year.
11 months later……
B2337711-A858-4345-8BA6-3CE3EB744CF2.jpeg

Dec 23, 2020
6E7C3C43-7CB4-43AA-8317-8A9F325EAAC1.jpeg

Thank for sharing. They are just moving the tractors around to show activity is taking place. I have seen numerous buildings fully erected in that period.
Yes, not speedy but in 2021 they have put in the piles and started the de-watering required prior to actual excavation.

Anyone has any idea how long permit approval process takes?
Depends on how well they completed it. They applied 2+ years ago and issuance is 'pending' and that usually means 'soon".

Application:
Drain and Site Service
Issuance Pending
TORONTO ON M5A 3W9
Ward 10: Spadina-Fort York
Application#:
19 173743 DRN 00 DR
Accepted Date:
Jul 12, 2019
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Building Permit Related (DR)
Description:
Drain - Proposal to construct 3 new buildings - Building "B2' which consists of 182 dwelling units, 14 storey's, and retail at grade. Building "C+G" consists of one 49 storey and 15 storey combined building with 591 dwelling units and retail at grade, and Building "F" which consists of 374 dwelling units, 39 storey's and retail at grade. Scope of work includes 4 levels of below grade parking.

Depends on how well they completed it. They applied 2+ years ago and issuance is 'pending' and that usually means 'soon".

Application:
Drain and Site Service
Issuance Pending
TORONTO ON M5A 3W9
Ward 10: Spadina-Fort York
Application#:
19 173743 DRN 00 DR
Accepted Date:
Jul 12, 2019
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Building Permit Related (DR)
Description:
Drain - Proposal to construct 3 new buildings - Building "B2' which consists of 182 dwelling units, 14 storey's, and retail at grade. Building "C+G" consists of one 49 storey and 15 storey combined building with 591 dwelling units and retail at grade, and Building "F" which consists of 374 dwelling units, 39 storey's and retail at grade. Scope of work includes 4 levels of below grade parking.

Can I contact the city to find out the status or this is something not allowed?

Can I contact the city to find out the status or this is something not allowed?
Hi there, you can call this person.
I called him 2 months ago, and he was very helpful. Basically he said, the Developer is trying to expedite the approvals. Everything seemed to be above board.

Please share your finding on here. Thanks

1632364419929-png.350757

Hi there, you can call this person.
I called him 2 months ago, and he was very helpful. Basically he said, the Developer is trying to expedite the approvals. Everything seemed to be above board.

Please share your finding on here. Thanks

1632364419929-png.350757

Checked with him, really helpful guy! He told me he is working with developers and is in constant touch with the developer. However, he is not dealing with structural permit so can't comment on that. Good to know what developer is still engaging with the concerned persons on permits.

Back