So after a few legal threats I finally got someone from Greenland on the phone. The situation appears to be that they need to build a road. The land on which that road is to be built is owned by Greenland and 2 other developers. They have not yet been able to reach and agreement with those other two developers although they say they re in active negotiations. However until they reach an agreement the city cannot approve the application. Hence construction is stalled with no foreseeable resolution or restarting date. They said they expect to send out a general update in the final quarter of the year. (That’s the expected update not the approval!!!)
Land for E-W new road are shared by Greenland (215 Lake Shore Blvd. E), Rom Grand (178 Queens Quay East) and Empire (162 Queens Quay East). Greenland submitted their Draft Plan of Subdivision late 2021, drawings and survey plans can be downloaded from Development Application Center under CITY website.
1654635732833.png

Greenland/Rom Grand side (east side)
Blue (new E-W road design layer)
Red (Greenland property line)
From landscape drawing, attached.

1654635837748.png

Greenland/Empire side (west side)
Blue (new E-W road design layer)
Red (Greenland property line)
From landscape drawing, attached.

Survey plan also attached. Property line from both drawings should match.
Anything beyond property line Greenland has no ownership.
Both owners must agreed to convey their portion to Greenland/CITY for future road construction, and CITY would want environmental assessment on those lands along the process.

Attachments

• LANDSCAPE - 215 LSE.pdf
    939.5 KB · Views: 108
  • SURVEY - 215 LSE.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
Technically they were not excavating (they did not have an excavation permit) but (as is common) they were dealing with 'soil remediation! That said, I certainly smell polluted BS.
So they where saying the parrot was just "resting".

How could they have begun excavation if that were the case? I'm smelling BS.
Planning process can extend much longer and a lot developers choose to shoring + excavate first and achieve conditional building permit (below grade) before they reach bedrock (bottom of the foundation structure). If they don't get the conditional permit and the huge hole remains open to weather, it can be very nasty.

Greenland seems want to settle everything before any construction even begin, they need better time management and planning strategy ahead of time, all developers move forward on construction first and negotiate with CITY along the way.

They do have shoring permit and tieback agreement, which allows them for soil remediation work (for the MECP job). The real, known as "bulk excavation" might not happen until they settled items with planning staff from CITY.

Though I do not think this is an indication that Lakeside is restarting any time soon (with a new owner?), it is maybe, interesting that the building to its south is coming to TEYCC on June 30.

1655382533283.png

Though I do not think this is an indication that Lakeside is restarting any time soon (with a new owner?), it is maybe, interesting that the building to its south is coming to TEYCC on June 30.

View attachment 407869
Resubmission of their subdivision application back from 2017 (17 278451 STE 28 SB).

From the cover letter submitted, more like a technical response to ECS.
1655387038301.png

&
Their land contribution to the E-W new road.
As well, Sherbourne Triangle land is quite complex, CITY wants to widen Lower Sherbourne into two-way traffic and corner rounding are being made to connect E-W new road.
1655387076614.png

Not may, when.

Has there ever been a condo in TO that's been this delayed, and has NOT been cancelled? Please, I'd love to know.

Back