From the landscaping presentation and response: https://www.mississauga.ca/wp-conte...tation_Materials_and_Response__March_2021.pdf

W1_1082_ROW_Presentation_Materials_and_Response__March_2021-7-8_page-0001.jpg

W1_1082_ROW_Presentation_Materials_and_Response__March_2021-7-8_page-0002.jpg

The usage of a vacuum waste collection system is interesting (page 24).

Is the "Future Redevelopment" area along Lake Shore east of Hydro owned by the same developer?

Flew this morning and didn't even realize the ball diamonds were gone until you pointed it out and I looked at the last post above yours. Nwalsh.
That would be this area on the right side:
DJI_0747.JPG

A few more shots from Sunday. It had been more than a year that I had been to the site directly. Was running out of battery so not my best shots.
DJI_0743.JPG
DJI_0744.JPG

DJI_0748.JPG
DJI_0749.JPG

In that City-tv report they mention loosing the canal. That is a huge loss to the design of the development, now this makes it almost like most of the other designs, a little more bland now then the original design. Why is city council allowing this, the canal adds character and makes it a destination then any other in the area.

The large pile has mostly been sifted through and crushed down to a sized used to backfill.
DSC_1767.jpg

The area where the two baseball diamonds were has mostly been excavated and the fill spread out over low areas around the site. A new soccer field is being constructed over on the East side of Hydro Rd, behind the new sales office. From what I've been told, the new soccer field is temporary.
DSC_1798.jpg

Its really coming along which is great. The proximity to the waste water plant is very apparent in a couple photos. Growing up in Missisauga i can say that smell is ... strong in the summer.

Its really coming along which is great. The proximity to the waste water plant is very apparent in a couple photos. Growing up in Missisauga i can say that smell is ... strong in the summer.
Hopefully they've addressed that in recent years the way it's been address at the Humber Bay Treatment Plant in Etobicoke; you'd generally not know there was a plant there now, odorous emissions from it have become extremely rare.

Hopefully they've addressed that in recent years the way it's been address at the Humber Bay Treatment Plant in Etobicoke; you'd generally not know there was a plant there now, odorous emissions from it have become extremely rare.

I've been wondering about the Humber plant - the putrid stench used to be common, but I haven't gotten a whiff of it for quite some time. What did they do to reduce it?

Last stretch of raised grade being lowered where the baseball diamonds stood.
DSC_1841.jpg

New Sod for the new temporary soccer field over by Hydro Road.

DSC_1844.jpg

A reminder that this site was once served by the Great Lakes Vessels such as the one passing in the background. Coal from US Ports was delivered to the Lakeview Generating Station, via the pier and conveyor system to a large coal pile that sat on South East end of the property.

DSC_1777.jpg

Back