So.... are they going to do a heck of a lot of landscaping in front of that HUGE expanse of concrete wall? It's pretty insane actually. What was once a nice rolling green lawn and small hills is now just a LOOOOOONG concrete wall. What they heck? Seems like a BIG step backwards for urban design.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.45 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 623
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.21.08 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 621
I love the colour coded pipes and ducts in the building. Now it just needs a whole lot more red in there.

Meanwhile, yes, the concrete wall on the north side needs significant landscaping in front of it.

I love the colour coded pipes and ducts in the building. Now it just needs a whole lot more red in there.

Meanwhile, yes, the concrete wall on the north side needs significant landscaping in front of it.

The concrete wall will be partly covered by red 'siding"- with viewing windows - and the area will all be landscaped - see: http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Projects/Leslie_Barns/index.jsp I am reserving judgement on how all this softens the "Fort Leslie" look but .....

Note to TTC: DOORS OPEN IS COMING. PLEASE LET US IN............

- Paul
There is to be an official opening and was first plan for the fall last year and supposed to be spring this year.

It could be tie in with Open Doors in May and it should be open both days since there will be little there in the first place.

The facility will be open for public tours during Doors Open in May
Thats been a given since last year. Will it be the standard hours in the past or will TTC have it open both days as well from 10-5pm??

Due to amount of people wanting to take this end, its possible TTC may have special short turn new cars on 501 running from the yard to McCaul Loop.

Expect to see the Witt and PCC there as well and maybe an ALRV & CLRV. A tour of the yard on the new car with the pan up as well.

Back