I just drove by this morning and there was a crew installing windows on the west side of the building. Can't imagine why they would be working in these conditions unless they are behind schedule.

Took these pics yesterday:

DSCF5932.jpg

Is that the brick facade hiding under the tarp?

I just drove by this morning and there was a crew installing windows on the west side of the building. Can't imagine why they would be working in these conditions unless they are behind schedule.

They work 6 days a week. I am sure the subcontractor has a fixed price to do the job and time limitations but lots of guys in construction work 6 and even 7 days a week. They can't work on Sundays I believe according to the noise laws.

From the CN Tower, Shangri-la (with its blue mirrored cladding, hexagonal shape and proximity to the Sunlife twins) will make it look like the third and tallest of a Sunlife Complex. I am sure most tourists in the future, visiting the Tower, will assume as much.

Though locationally speaking, it might as well pass as the second-and-tallest of a *different* Sun Life complex (i.e. relative to Parkin's 1961 tower to the north)

some really great CN tower shots today Jasonzed!
off topic here, but why are the boutique elevator remains still clearly visible on it's south facing side? hasn't it been like that for months? shouldn't they have already installed the balcony glass there?

That's a good question. It has been up there for a while.

Also on the south side of Shangri La, I saw that the cladding has moved up a floor and moving up past

If you look in the Boutique thread, you will see I posted a picture that shows the construction elevators came down a week or two ago.

Seeing it from the air makes you realize how small the floorplate is on this one (for 65s). Considering its height, it should look pretty slim when all's said and done.

Back