Uh, what? The CBD is supposed to be the dominant part of the skyline.

yes. but this is complete rape. if you look at everything else north of the skyline, it doesn't come close to the height/density found there. it's not exactly balanced. the tallest towers you'll get north of the CBD are around 150m whereas in the CBD, FCP is close to 300m. that's basically half. if you look at chicago, they've got really huge towers spread out across the city and the density is fairly consistent throughout.
It's the sudden drop that occurs past FCP (as seen in that shot) that bothers me. of course this will get better with skyline tower, richmond adelaide, and BA north then the big towers further away like aura.. but till then, it's awkward!

Caltrane can you post a higher rez version of that? I'd like to make it my desktop background.

yes. but this is complete rape. if you look at everything else north of the skyline, it doesn't come close to the height/density found there. it's not exactly balanced. the tallest towers you'll get north of the CBD are around 150m whereas in the CBD, FCP is close to 300m. that's basically half. if you look at chicago, they've got really huge towers spread out across the city and the density is fairly consistent throughout.
It's the sudden drop that occurs past FCP (as seen in that shot) that bothers me. of course this will get better with skyline tower, richmond adelaide, and BA north then the big towers further away like aura.. but till then, it's awkward!

Rape? That's a the most epic hyperbole ever, Steveve.

Chicago's towers are even more centrally located than Toronto. While their CBD is bigger, the only place you really see towers in the rest of the WIndy City is running north or south along the edge of the lake. The rest of Chicagoland is pretty much low rise other than a couple of stranded pockets. Beyond the core, we've got way more highrise than those hog-butchers-to-the-world, broad-shouldered, toddling Chi-towners. Not that Chicago's not my kind of town...

Hey, if you can make it there, you'll make it...oh...um...never mind...

I've never understood why this is considered a compliment. What the song is really saying is that New York is the hardest place to 'make it' of any place on Earth. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Perhaps it means that the level of competition is higher in NY than anywhere else.

I've never understood why this is considered a compliment. What the song is really saying is that New York is the hardest place to 'make it' of any place on Earth. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Is it better for your town to be " toddlin' " (whatever that might mean)?

Left your heart somewhere?

Huh. Neither San Fran (I know, verbotten) nor Chicago have a Shangri-La. In fact, only Toronto and Vancouver have Shangri-La on the whole continent.

I knew New York wasn't world class...

I have lots lots more pictures of Shangri La, I will share over the next few days.

Too many to upload while, I'm working on moving stuff around my office today

took these while doing my daily walk down to King Street West!

sany0792.jpg

sany0790.jpg

Outstanding pic, android!

Back