March 12, 2021
20210312_142552.jpg

There's quite a few spots along Gerrard that I'd always wanted to see intensified, albeit most of them are probably more potentially realizable east of this site. The plaza where the Real Jerk is located at Carlaw comes to mind. And then east of the railway bridge, there's the LCBO and then McDonald's at Pape.

That stretch of Gerrard between the railway underpass and Pape is certainly dreary and shopworn. It would be lovely to see something happen there, although all the expected additional rail traffic along that corridor will make it very busy and noisy for decades to come.
GerrardOverpass-Mar23-21.png

I would have preferred a darker brick, but it's a decent scale and will add some life to the stretch.

Crisp clear glazing is always a good sign. Based on the renderings, I'm keeping my expectations on the brick neutral for now. Yellow brick tends to end up looking rather muted on the physical finished product as seen with some existing newer buildings in the city. Would've preferred red like on Grid's Sunday School Lofts project, although admittedly that was also done to match the retained church component. So I'll standby and see how this turns out here.

Back